YIB

Parr8hed

20 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

hope she doesn't knock it oot of the park

19 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Probably don’t want to use that one for batting practice.

Um, no.  Strictly for pitching practices.  No live pitching to live batters. 

• Awesome 1

34 minutes ago, Rick5234 said:

Does she take lessons?  Does she have a pitching coach?

We had one.  But she had to quit teaching since the school that she instructed at closed all facilities.  We are on the list for an on-line virtual coach but those are hard to get into right now.  Hence the reason for the ball.  We still practice in the front yard about every day.  This will just give us some metrics to look at. 

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Wow that’s really cool!  I was checking out the spec’s,  any idea how long the electronics last?  I take it you can’t recharge the the ball? 

For what we paid for gear and coaching annually, that seems reasonable.  

I will know more tonight.  I am assuming that there is a way to charge it.  Not really sure.  I am hoping that the kit comes with a lot of FAQ stuff for me to read.  Should arrive today. 

Her team also uses this.  We were gonna buy one but the covid hit and we have not been with them. It is really super dope.  Her head coach uses it with his daughter.  He has a tripod and sets up a video to record her swing.  The little blast motion cap that goes on the end of her bat tracks all kinds of stats.  Launch angle, exit velocity, swing mph, backswing, etc.  It will superimpose those numbers onto her swing video and give you lots of real time, super dope numbers to look at. 

Softball and baseball tech has come a long way.  It is easily affordable now. 

1 minute ago, Parr8hed said:

I will know more tonight.  I am assuming that there is a way to charge it.  Not really sure.  I am hoping that the kit comes with a lot of FAQ stuff for me to read.  Should arrive today. 

Her team also uses this.  We were gonna buy one but the covid hit and we have not been with them. It is really super dope.  Her head coach uses it with his daughter.  He has a tripod and sets up a video to record her swing.  The little blast motion cap that goes on the end of her bat tracks all kinds of stats.  Launch angle, exit velocity, swing mph, backswing, etc.  It will superimpose those numbers onto her swing video and give you lots of real time, super dope numbers to look at. 

Softball and baseball tech has come a long way.  It is easily affordable now. 

Wow, our tech was a grizzled coach with a video camera!  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

@Parr8hed My question is...when she beans you with it..cos you are her go to catcher..will it hurt MORE or LESS :whistle:

Well I can't imagine it hurting MORE. 

56 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

For that she should use a grapefruit painted white.

That was so 1980.  Softballs are yellow now.

• Haha 1

I hope the data is easy to interpret.

I coached three pitchers who became college starters, one a Division I All American at UMBC, and we focused on observed body motion and repetitively going through steps and did ok, but coaching track and cross country, I was still coaching when electronic measurements like pace, stride length, angle of putting the shot, etc. came into use and it helped us.

It is fun to play around with.  A little quirky.  I am sure we will learn much more about it.  There is more data for each pitch that I couldn't capture on the screen shots.  I mainly want this thing for spin, to give a rate and direction of spin.  I have no idea if any of this is good or bad?