I have got a weedy question for you experts

Ralphie

11 minutes ago, Airehead said:

picture?

When I get home from work. Virginia tech weedId says Virginia creeper can have leaves of three, everywhere else I’ve seen says 5. And I did find a site with pics of a rash from one that looks eggzactly like my rash that I blamed on poison ivy even though I avoid it like the plague, but I have been pulling this suspected Virginia creeper with abandon. 

6 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

When I get home from work. Virginia tech weedId says Virginia creeper can have leaves of three, everywhere else I’ve seen says 5. And I did find a site with pics of a rash from one that looks eggzactly like my rash that I blamed on poison ivy even though I avoid it like the plague, but I have been pulling this suspected Virginia creeper with abandon. 

Leaves of three, let it be.  Look for reddish stems on leaves.  Shoots are alternate meaning one goes one way and then the next shoot or branch goes the other way.  

What Does Poison Ivy Look Like? [Easy Identification Guide ...

Just now, jsharr said:

Leaves of three, let it be.  Look for reddish stems on leaves.  Shoots are alternate meaning one goes one way and then the next shoot or branch goes the other way.  

What Does Poison Ivy Look Like? [Easy Identification Guide ...

I am just aboot completely certain it is snot poison ivy, and it appears that some people are allergical to Virginia creeper. Yay, me. :D

Pics tonight  

19 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I am just aboot completely certain it is snot poison ivy, and it appears that some people are allergical to Virginia creeper. Yay, me. :D

Pics tonight  

The mother of one of my very good friends in high school was named Virginia.  Sweet, kind, loving woman.  She was like a second mom to many of us kids.  Some creeper but a bumper sticker on the back of her station wagon.  It was not me.

Virginia is for Lovers bumper stickers - Pack of 3. Free Shipping ...

24 minutes ago, jsharr said:

The mother of one of my very good friends in high school was named Virginia.  Sweet, kind, loving woman.  She was like a second mom to many of us kids.  Some creeper but a bumper sticker on the back of her station wagon.  It was not me.

Virginia is for Lovers bumper stickers - Pack of 3. Free Shipping ...

My sister’s name is Virginia. We call her Ginger though. 

3 minutes ago, Allen said:

My sister’s name is Virginia. We call her Ginger though. 

My wife's dog is named Ginger.  He is from Australia and he has some reddish hair, so I am thinking maybe that is why?  Need to find out.  I thought Ginger was a girl's name.

Image may contain: dog and indoor

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

My wife's dog is named Ginger.  He is from Australia and he has some reddish hair, so I am thinking maybe that is why?  Need to find out.  I thought Ginger was a girl's name.

Image may contain: dog and indoor

Good looking beast. My sister does not have red hair. My brother named her Ginger because he could not pronounce Virginia when they were kids. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

some people are allergic

...to all sorts of grass or ivy or other things that are fairly common or benign to most people.  I get irritated by certain grasses - they feel like they are cutting me and leave red scratch marks.  Same with normal ivy that climbs brick walls.  When I deal with that stuff, it makes a lot of sense to wear gardening gloves.

So, you may have some extra sensitivity to "normal" stuff and just consider wearing gloves, long sleeves, and pants when gardening.

26 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

...to all sorts of grass or ivy or other things that are fairly common or benign to most people.  I get irritated by certain grasses - they feel like they are cutting me and leave red scratch marks.  Same with normal ivy that climbs brick walls.  When I deal with that stuff, it makes a lot of sense to wear gardening gloves.

So, you may have some extra sensitivity to "normal" stuff and just consider wearing gloves, long sleeves, and pants when gardening.

Yup, this is the final straw, no more weeding withoot total coverage. I used to think I could pop in for a quick strike if I was careful, but efficient that!  Still don’t know what got me but it sure got me good. 

I was fighting Virginia Creeper and volunteer Mulberry trees on Saturday. Mulberry roots are the spawn of Satan! I dug out 4 which were actually 2 with runners and Creeper vines among them! I have 3 smaller ones to dig out. Not sure if I will tackle next weekend or wait a week...

22 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I have a weedy vine that I thought was Virginia creeper, but it has three leaves instead of 5. The internet is snot providing me with a good weed guide. Do you know of one?

And it may very well be the source of what I thought was a poison ivory rash. 

Glad to see 5 leaves instead of "Leaves of 3, let them be."