Easter shopping almost done

MickinMD

Walmart had a lot of the locally-scarce-but-highly-desired Mary Sue Easter Eggs.  They'll be sold out in a couple days.

I had to look through a couple dozen empty boxes to find the most-desired, near-softball-sized, 12 oz. Pecan Nougat Eggs - the young people in our family will be very pleased!

I also got my portion of Easter Dinner, except I couldn't find raw, polish kielbasa - marinated for a couple hours in sauerkraut and caraway seeds and a little honey, it absorbs a great flavor that the smoked kielbasa doesn't match.  Personally, I'd be more than fine with some other sausage but the family won't accept anything but kielbasa for this meal - it carries decades of memories.

20210316_144450_900p.jpg.a7d59a0d61030b2e112dd04ee80077cf.jpg

20210316_133711_900p.jpg.ef57e533ddd72395d96fd35a5a7ca716.jpg

• Heart 1

Oh man OK we have totally spoiled our kids.

WOChrisL has been making our kids Easter baskets their whole lives. Basically it’s just various Easter candy & a chocolate bunny.  We told them no baskets this year.  

Man the disappointment, especially from our 27 YO daughter who is about to be a mom herself... We are sticking to our guns tho, no Easter baskets.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 3

15 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I finished my Easter shopping years ago, in that I’ve never done any Easter shopping.

Thanks.  I was trying to picture Easter shopping...  Then I was trying to picture me Easter shopping...  Nothing was working.  Easter shopping - someone needs to explain that.

12 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Using a box or maybe a bowl instead?  Makes sense.  Skip the "grass" since that crap gets everywhere, load up a box with a lid, and send it home with them.  Way better than a basket!

No can do, it’s a tradition my wife wanted to carry on from her side.  

My family did Easter egg hunts, my wife’s family hid baskets of candy. We reuse the baskets and each kid has their own basket.   Now my wife lived in large houses, not a townhouse so all of the hiding places have been figured out.  That and my wife’s family stopped when they were preteens, not pushing 30!  

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

Oh my gosh do I miss those Mary Sue Pecan eggs. That picture makes me homesick. I cannot get them in Rochester. There is some far inferior brand but it is just crap, not even worth buying.  I sent my kids and grandkids packages from Sees. Trouble free. 

D3E5D698-B8CD-4052-812C-92E4ECD4FEE2.jpeg

3 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Thanks.  I was trying to picture Easter shopping...  Then I was trying to picture me Easter shopping...  Nothing was working.  Easter shopping - someone needs to explain that.

I guess there are fewer large family gatherings over Easter. I picked up the candy eggs while gathering the food I'm assigned to cook.

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, Further said:

We always did an Easter brunch featuring a sour pork soup. (tastes way better than it sounds)

All the old folks are gone now, and I haven't heard about any one keeping up the tradition    :unhappy:

Sour pork soup sounds good

• Heart 1

I finished my shopping today!  I had a variety of floral scented soaps and hand creams for my sisters and I also ordered some chocolate peppermints from Sanders that they like.  I got my brother in law some candy, but then added some lip balm and badger balm for him.

• Heart 1

49 minutes ago, Further said:

We always did an Easter brunch featuring a sour pork soup. (tastes way better than it sounds)

All the old folks are gone now, and I haven't heard about any one keeping up the tradition    :unhappy:

My mom loved Easter, I think more so than Christmas. She always did Easter up big for her kids & especially the grand kids.  Lots of food, egg hunts & family joy.  

The family did fragment after her passing but my family still has an Easter brunch.  Just without baskets this year. 

• Heart 2