I earned this

jsharr

Cafe Bar and Grill is open.  Name your drink and tell us your woes.

My assistant was in a four car pile up on the way to work today she is OK-ish. Lots of bruising and a severe concussion. Probably a total car. A new hire just kind of a general office assistant has ghosted us the last two days. The dealership completely screwed us over on Ryan’s car. So we are still in the car market.

• Sad 4
  • Hugs 2

Yikes..at least..knock on wood no one was injured at my work yesterday..for my Thursday..woke up at 3AM worried about coordinating cabinet and flooring install..that has been dumped on me after a sewage back up 6 weeks ago..Just after I got to work I dealt with a vendor who was not happy that the 3 apartments where he was going to resurface (2) and cut out 1 bathtub...were not "ready" and expecting him...and they didn't  know that they would have to be out of their units for 3 to 5 hours :wacko:..that would be the head of maintenance that set that up..he is out for however long he can milk his hernia surgery..because our second maintenance guy is out with a shoulder/neck injury for going on 2 mos. Also workers comp. Leaving our former custodian..who is just in month 5 of his training to become maintenance..in charge..he is doing his best. Daughter of a resident with memory issues..popped in to say mom has made the decision..on her own to move..a great thing..the daughter has been encouraging this for like 2 years..the bad thing.

5th floor and the freight elevator is out due to our power issues..I spent time talking with her and arranging for the elevator to be on for a few hours today..Friday for moving the big stuff. 

A nasty complaining resident who over filled his fridge and it wasnt working..helped the maintenance guy cope and called about repairs (again filling in maintenance) Had a 90 minute 1 hour staff meeting where I discovered the manager who has been trying to do these meetings, promote team and our inclusion in the rest of the company ( we are an island..to ourselves)..is leaving the company..her choice. Then the water issue I reported about a unit is probably a pin hole leak in a wall..Again not something our maintenance guy can deal with :whistle: and those are just the high points..

Yup..drinking is in order!

2 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Yikes..at least..knock on wood no one was injured at my work yesterday..for my Thursday..woke up at 3AM worried about coordinating cabinet and flooring install..that has been dumped on me after a sewage back up 6 weeks ago..Just after I got to work I dealt with a vendor who was not happy that the 3 apartments where he was going to resurface (2) and cut out 1 bathtub...were not "ready" and expecting him...and they didn't  know that they would have to be out of their units for 3 to 5 hours :wacko:..that would be the head of maintenance that set that up..he is out for however long he can milk his hernia surgery..because our second maintenance guy is out with a shoulder/neck injury for going on 2 mos. Also workers comp. Leaving our former custodian..who is just in month 5 of his training to become maintenance..in charge..he is doing his best. Daughter of a resident with memory issues..popped in to say mom has made the decision..on her own to move..a great thing..the daughter has been encouraging this for like 2 years..the bad thing.

5th floor and the freight elevator is out due to our power issues..I spent time talking with her and arranging for the elevator to be on for a few hours today..Friday for moving the big stuff. 

A nasty complaining resident who over filled his fridge and it wasnt working..helped the maintenance guy cope and called about repairs (again filling in maintenance) Had a 90 minute 1 hour staff meeting where I discovered the manager who has been trying to do these meetings, promote team and our inclusion in the rest of the company ( we are an island..to ourselves)..is leaving the company..her choice. Then the water issue I reported about a unit is probably a pin hole leak in a wall..Again not something our maintenance guy can deal with :whistle: and those are just the high points..

Yup..drinking is in order!

You win hands down.  Have some Irish whiskey in your coffee

5 hours ago, Randomguy said:

How did the car return go?

It didn't.  Turned in Mazda and the dealership turned the refi into shitshow.  Wanted higher interest and more down and I walked.  Have to find a new car and will never go to that dealership again and will never go to deal without cash in hand or prefinanced.  Effing crooks