So what are some of your favourite Andy Griffith Show memories?

Road Runner

Not a parody.  Just an idea sparked by Ralph's thread.

My favorite was the episode where Opie kills a mother bird with his slingshot and then is filled with regret, so he raises the baby chicks until they are big enough to fly and he lets them go.  A wonderfully happy ending to a terrible act of childish human stupidity.

I related to this episode because I did something similar when I was about the same age as Opie.  Just for fun, I shot a bird out of a tree with a BB gun.  I have never forgotten the terrible feeling that hit me as I watched the poor bird fall to the ground.  I can still see it vividly to this day.  I have never fired a gun at any animal since.  

• Hugs 1

When the bum played by Buddy Ebsen, told Opie that "why, there ain't nothing you can;t do tomorrow!"

Barney on the surplus WWII motorcycle with sidecar was hilarious. :D

Floyd always lowered my blood pressure aboot 20 points. :D

Gomer with "Citizen's arrest!  Citizen's arrest!"  That was probably on Gomer Pyle USMC, but what the heck.  Here is a Gomer I know was from TAGS.  Something like "air is free.  We make a charge for gais and ole." :D

Gueber: JudyJudyJudy!

Odes (Otis?) locking himself in the cell while inebriated. :D  Usually with some appalled dignitary like the mayor visitng at the time.

Barney fumbling to get his bullet oot of his pocket, and then almost shooting his foot, then dejectedly turning the bullet over to Andy.  A little shocking and violent for the show and time though! (Oops!  Those must be separate occurrences because Barn only had one bullet!)

• Awesome 1

Just now, AirwickWithCheese said:

He did quite well, Sir. 

He took a very wrong turn with Three's Company.    :(

:huh:  I Wish I Were a Fish?  Puh-lease!  Mr Furley was awesome!  :D  A return to form for Don!

Fun fact!  My daughters named our first Boston Terrorist after Christmas Snow. :nodhead:

• Heart 1