Thursday

jsharr
Go to solution Solved by Airehead,

5 hours ago, az_cyclist said:

Even if the morning is cold (or cool to most of you), it will warm up to at least the 50s for a winter group ride.  I wear knee warmers so I can take them off after it gets warmer.

I haven’t been too warm on any of my rides yet and the tights probably give my legs a little bit of protection. Being on blood thinners riding too close to berry briars can make my legs a bloody mess. Sometimes I unzip my jacket if I’m climbing.

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I haven’t been too warm on any of my rides yet and the tights probably give my legs a little bit of protection. Being on blood thinners riding too close to berry briars can make my legs a bloody mess. Sometimes I unzip my jacket if I’m climbing.

Being skinny doesn't help much when riding in the winter.  Fat helps keep folks warm.  I'd rather be skinny in the warm months than fat in the cold months, though. 

I wore tights and my cold weather jacket on Saturday, and then my shorts and lightest shirt yesterday.  All sorts of highs and lows this time of year.

The weekend is supposed to be 30o in the AM and up to 50o in the afternoon, so any ride will be a mixed bag again.  Pain to dress for. End up carrying a lot of shed clothing which is annoying.

32 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Pain to dress for. End up carrying a lot of shed clothing which is annoying.

I have touring bikes so I put one pannier on my bike in case I want to shed some clothes. I haven’t needed to shed any yet. One day I should have had a base layer. I thought it was warmer than it was. I had a long sleeve jersey and a jacket but I was cold the whole ride.