Ireland travel drivel but with pictures

Scrapr

One more hurdle to go...we have an appointment at the Edinburgh registrar to show us your papers. Assuming that goes ok we are officially in the clear. They better not want any money because have been locked out of my bank account. Too many incorrect PIN attempts.  Oy very. I've got 2 credit cards and I'm not afraid yo use them

• Hugs 2

47 minutes ago, goldendesign said:

Utterly wonderful pictures. I am very happy for both of you! Congratulations on the engagement. Please keep us in the loop when you have a ceremony and if you register.

Per the other thread (linked in my post above) the engagement was a bit of a formality since the wedding is planned for October 2nd on this same trip.

Yes the wedding is Oct 2nd...assuming everything else lines up. In Edinburgh castle 

We had our Celebrant help us on some of the details and vendors. The one thing we got stuck on was the certificate of nonimpediment. Basically that you are not committing big amy. After several weeks of trying to obtain it we asked the Registrar and she said to check box 30 and write US does not issue.  Sheesh. No where in the instructions is this mentioned.

4 hours ago, Scrapr said:

Our last stop on the tour was Guinness Storehouse in Dublin. There was (1) free beer! I've not liked Guinness in the States....probably because it was out of a can. There is a process to Guinness on tap. Pour (pull back on the tap with nitrogen) 3/4 then let it sit.After the beer changes color to a brown then push back on the tap to top off. It was  delicious & creamy. 

We found a rainbow at the Guinness Storehouse. Really fun. 

May be an image of 10 people

There are Guinness-branded pubs all over the world and there are quality checks to pass to be one.  Temperature, carbonation, and trained staff are the requirements.  Guinness from a can is a very weak substitute but is isn't as bad as bottled!  :) 

Carry on having a great time.  I am hoping all the plans fall into place. 

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, jdc2000 said:

What make of car was that?  I did not recognize the logo.

I think a Suzuki???

def bigger than I thought. Rav4 size or a bit bigger. On renting the smallest car was a Mini Cooper. I didn't think that  would fit our luggage so I went one size up. (TWSS) Seems  like there should  be a size in between. We got the automatic. A manual drive plus all the driving on the left would have been a nightmare 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Scrapr said:

I think a Suzuki???

def bigger than I thought. Rav4 size or a bit bigger. On renting the smallest car was a Mini Cooper. I didn't think that  would fit our luggage so I went one size up. (TWSS) Seems  like there should  be a size in between. We got the automatic. A manual drive plus all the driving on the left would have been a nightmare 

Haha!  That was a Seat.  It is a European builder whose ownership has varied over the years.  It used to be Fiat but I think it is still Volkswagen owned.  I think it was originally a stand-alone Spanish-built car. 

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Haha!  That was a Seat.  It is a European builder whose ownership has varied over the years.  It used to be Fiat but I think it is still Volkswagen owned.  I think it was originally a stand-alone Spanish-built car. 

Yep. Pretty much just rebadged VWs these days.  Auto Mundial sometimes does comparisons of cars in the same market, and it is funny when it is a VW vs a Seat vs a Skoda :D  Toss an Audi in for giggles.

16 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Oh man, I apologize for that.  I'm not a very good guesser.

I guess I'm not a good guesser either. The bank needs better hints. Like wheel of fortune. 

_*uck y*u  *ig  *ank

Now that one I could finish in one!

Interesting flight yesterday  DUB-EDI. About an hour 20. There was a big storm rolling up from the south of Ireland. We were scheduled 6:30 pm flight. Pilot said DUB was having trouble all day. They were changing runways for lots of planes to avoid the wind issues.  We boarded about 9:00 pm. Small plane so bus to the stairs up onto the plane. The wind was maybe 35-40 mph...it was knocking us off balance. I'm thinking this is going to be a doozy of a flight. We get all seated & captain says we'll get up above this pretty quick. And we did. Then as we are descending into Edinburgh the pilot suddenly pulls up and does a go around. Apparently another plane was on our runway???? anyway safe & sound on the ground now. Just got breakfast & headed into the city in a few moments

• Heart 3
  • Like 1