Should I get a potato masher? I should get a potato masher, shouldn't I? What kind of potato masher should I get?

Randomguy

no, the one you posted would work fine.  A few chunks will squeak through - a ricer will get all of them. 

Actually I will confess I don't own a ricer, and due to the time factor I don't aspire to get one.  My dad has one and his potatoes come out nice.

Just don't use a metal one in a nonstick pot.  I have a nylon one of these, and it flexes so much it's pretty much useless.  So get the metal one and use an appropriate pot.

I use a hand held.  For best results, you want a ricer.

We rarely eat mashed taters.

I used a fork with the bananas in the banana bread.  I didn't try too hard though, and it came out delicious and tempting, like a drunken sorority chick.  Everybody had their way with the banana bread.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

• 7 years later...
On 2/11/2015 at 3:45 PM, Philander Seabury said:

I always liked the way the Kitchen Aid mixer made whipped taters, but it is old now and doesn't work quite as well. :(

Mine was acting up earlier this year. I bought new grease on amazon and took it apart and regreased it. It was disgusting inside, but now it’s great

• Heart 1