Grocery Carts

petitepedal

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

Having just returned from Costco..those suckers are huge :whistle: I have struggled with "average sized" carts at Target and Cub...they are just not friendly to people with 1 arm in a sling :runcirclsmiley: I like the smaller 2 tiered carts...

FYI my neighbor handled the cart at Costco..not me.:P

You probably have discovered so many little things we take for granted or we thought it would be "ok", when somewhat disabled temporarily, but not really..

For volume of shopping each time, because I can only bike or carry a certain amount, it is always little tiered cart I like twirling through a store. 

**I think my single friend with her broken leg healing, probably realizes she's incredibly lucky/relieved that she coincided her return to CAnada from Taiwan vacation, back to her Calgary vacation 1-level condo here for 3 months, instead of immediately  to her Toronto, 3-level semi-detached home where she also lives solo.   

For her own sanity, at this time, goes over next door to a bakery-sandwich-cafe.  In Toronto, she would not have a similar biz that close, without needing to walk another 15 min. somewhere from home.

Even with two working arms, those carts are huge.  I guess they want you to fill them up, but they're definitely much bigger than your average grocery store cart.

55 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Having just returned from Costco..those suckers are huge :whistle: I have struggled with "average sized" carts at Target and Cub...they are just not friendly to people with 1 arm in a sling :runcirclsmiley: I like the smaller 2 tiered carts...

FYI my neighbor handled the cart at Costco..not me.:P

What did you buy?

7 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Even with two working arms, those carts are huge.  I guess they want you to fill them up, but they're definitely much bigger than your average grocery store cart.

When we buy paper goods a package of TP & paper towels will fill 80% of the cart.  That will last us about 2 months…. We go to Costco often for various reasons & if we can avoid getting a cart we will.  Much more nimble without one…

• Heart 2
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Navigating Costco on weekends is freaking nuts with all those people pushing those big ass carts around.  I had a lady crash one into my achillies one time, I about came unglued… 

I don't  go..nights or weekends :whistle:

4 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

I don't  go..nights or weekends :whistle:

Lately I have been getting my Mounjaro there as my pharmacy can’t source it.  It’s a PITA getting around but I really like their pharmacy techs.  Really helpful unlike CVS but CVS is around the corner & has a drive through.

16 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I’ve never been to a Costco but I would think they would have those electric carts for handicap people. They are easy to drive one handed. Sometimes it’s hard to get one because all the fatticaps are using them.

Actually I have never seen one there?!!  It’s an experience, I recommend you find a member & join them once.  

2 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Having just returned from Costco..those suckers are huge :whistle: I have struggled with "average sized" carts at Target and Cub...they are just not friendly to people with 1 arm in a sling :runcirclsmiley: I

I'd suggest... if you need to use a cart (anywhere) it's much easier to pull the cart with one hand compared to pushing a cart with one hand.   

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Actually I have never seen one there?!!  It’s an experience, I recommend you find a member & join them once.  

I have no idea where the closest one is, maybe Pittsburgh? I dislike the whole idea of paying to shop. My father in law bought us a Sam’s club membership when we lived near one. I wasn’t impressed with anything but the size of it. I never bought gas there either. I wasn’t going to wait in line to save one dollar on a tank of gas.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 2

2 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Zyrtec :D and lemon pepper cos the sample with it was yummy:P

I didn’t know Zyrtec came in a lemon pepper version. Costco carts are huge and built for taller people. I prefer shopping on Thursday nights between 7 and 8 pm. Not so many fuckwits at that hour. 

• Heart 2

On 3/8/2024 at 2:53 PM, Kirby said:

They're big.  At 6'3", I can actually lean on the Costco cart handle when there's a long checkout line.

They are a handful when only 1 wing is healthy. As I was healing, I found I could lean over, rest my good arm in the baby seat, and steer with pressure from my elbow and wrist crosswise, if that makes sense.