Mid-March status updates

Go to solution Solved by JerrySTL,

• Solution

Until recently things have been quiet since the brother-in-law that we looked after died as so did the father-in-law.

A sister-in-law who always tried to keep her weight around 100 pounds has an issue where she can't swallow and is losing more weight even with a feeding tube inserted. 

A brother-in-law, who could make LAJ look good in some respects, is in the hospital with heart failure and other problems. He's been a diabetic for years and has taken perverse pleasure in not doing what the doctor says.

My brother who is married to WoJSTL's sister is moving to Omaha to help their daughter. She's an MD and very intelligent, but not very smart when it comes to men. This will be her second divorce and she has three children under the age of 5. Their son is back on drugs and another reason that they are moving is to get away from him.

• Hugs 3

My mother is somewhat stable for now but pretty thin and frail and can barely walk so it is really not good for her to live alone unaided. But as usual for an old person, not real receptive to ootside help if we can even find any. Three of us kiddos are all around 350 miles away and the 4th is flying distance away. 

• Hugs 1

3 hours ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

What are your status updates?

New toilet and vanity is IN. I need to install a new light fixture and the mirror once my wife picks the light out.

Old kitchen counters and sink are out. Drywall modified and patched, waiting for the new counters (a week+) and new sink/faucet to get installed. Painting of walls 95% done, and the ceilings will get painted once the kitchen work is complete.  Floors go in next week.  New stove and microwave get installed after the floors.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

Oldest is moving into a new apt this weekend.   Last straw with the old place was them having his brand new car towed when he forgot to tell them he put the real plates on his car and got rid of the paper plates.
Youngest is getting a promotion and moving to a new Discount Tire store.  He has good days and bad days.  On the bad days, we wants to quit and join the Army.
Weight is dropping again due to Ozempic.  I plan to get my lazy ass jsharr (laj) into the gym again and to start doing more walking / jogging / running, which will not be hard as I am at zero now.

• Heart 3
  • Hugs 1

Youngest daughter still lives with us. I am sympathetic to the whole concussion thing, but she seems too content being the victim instead of having a little more purpose. 
Mom is planning to move back to Nebraska, near my brother in the next couple months. 
Work itself would be better if the commute wasn’t so awful right now. Between construction that should improve things later, snowbirds and baseball fans in for spring training, it’s just a bit intense, and long at the moment. 
I’ll be in Dallas for work next week. At least one meetup is in the works. When I return, I’m anxious to start on Phase 2 of the pergola. 

• Hugs 1

Trying to get motivated for tomorrow and actually do something for the job.  When you're working remote and feel underappreciated you can bust ass w/ probably little difference or you can work adequately and probably magnified a thousand times.  But I don't like playing their game but I sorta have to, you know what I mean?  So I'll spend tomorrow and the weekend going back and forth between these two extremes and probably end up with something sufficient.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 3

3 hours ago, Dottleshead said:

Trying to get motivated for tomorrow and actually do something for the job.  When you're working remote and feel underappreciated you can bust ass w/ probably little difference or you can work adequately and probably magnified a thousand times.  But I don't like playing their game but I sorta have to, you know what I mean?  So I'll spend tomorrow and the weekend going back and forth between these two extremes and probably end up with something sufficient.

It sounds like you are running out the clock right now, Dottles.  That is a difficult motivator for sure.   Hang in there. 

• Thank You 1

On 3/14/2024 at 8:47 AM, JerrySTL said:

Until recently things have been quiet since the brother-in-law that we looked after died as so did the father-in-law.

A sister-in-law who always tried to keep her weight around 100 pounds has an issue where she can't swallow and is losing more weight even with a feeding tube inserted. 

A brother-in-law, who could make LAJ look good in some respects, is in the hospital with heart failure and other problems. He's been a diabetic for years and has taken perverse pleasure in not doing what the doctor says.

My brother who is married to WoJSTL's sister is moving to Omaha to help their daughter. She's an MD and very intelligent, but not very smart when it comes to men. This will be her second divorce and she has three children under the age of 5. Their son is back on drugs and another reason that they are moving is to get away from him.

Update: BIL died this morning. We are waiting to find out about the financial mess that he left for his wife and the three grandchildren that he was raising. He did a piss poor job of raising his daughter which is the reason he had her children. He continued to do a piss poor job with the grandkids.

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 4

On 3/14/2024 at 9:33 AM, Razors Edge said:

New toilet and vanity is IN. I need to install a new light fixture and the mirror once my wife picks the light out.

Old kitchen counters and sink are out. Drywall modified and patched, waiting for the new counters (a week+) and new sink/faucet to get installed. Painting of walls 95% done, and the ceilings will get painted once the kitchen work is complete.  Floors go in next week.  New stove and microwave get installed after the floors.

:desk: I need the vanity, toilet, lights, faucets and painting stuff done at my place....

ARE YOU AVAILABLE? :D