Paris

Airehead

Terrorist attacks    Turn on the news

I think they hate France as much as they hate us. 

If you look at the history of Algeria and France, you'd understand the connection and why they's target Paris. This hated goes back decades....and now it was just reported that 1 has been arrested and he claims to be ISIS.

If you look at the history of Algeria and France, you'd understand the connection and why they's target Paris. This hated goes back decades....and now it was just reported that 1 has been arrested and he claims to be ISIS.

Yep, Algeria, most of North and Sub-Saharan Africa and recently Syria.  France was the logical target as the hate runs deep.  It is a global problem now though.

Global problem yes, will the world unite into a single plan?

I think we will see greater sharing of information amongst security agencies but it is hard to say how much further we will go.  I have always thought a better security net around North America was a good idea but that does nothing to address homegrown attackers.

I think we will see greater sharing of information amongst security agencies but it is hard to say how much further we will go.  I have always thought a better security net around North America was a good idea but that does nothing to address homegrown attackers.

But we absolutely cannot use a program that connects phone numbers called with phone numbers doing the calling to look for a pattern that might invite a closer look.  Nope.  Never.

Sorry, I'm feeling political today.

Edited by maddmaxx

Yeah, those things we call rights and freedoms get in the way. ;)

Or the things we imagine.  ISIS probably used commercial encryption programs to mask their planning and communications.  We created those programs because people were afraid that the government was listening to them plan tomorrow nights dinner with aunt Sally.

I'm still quite willing to let the government listen to anything I say on the phone or read what I write here if it will prevent just one event like yesterday.  In fact, with family in Malaysia and communications back and forth I'm sure that the computers already know my phone numbers and various internet addresses.

Hair shirt ninny nonsense

No, not at all. There have been terrorist attacks in Paris going back many decades plus with a very large disenfranchised Muslim population, Paris is a ripe target for this type of attack.

As of this morning, it has been reported that one of the terrorists has been ID'd as a citizen of France who has been on a watch list for some time.

No hair shirt ninny nonsense here...Do a bit of research on the relationship between France and her former colony's.

No, not at all. There have been terrorist attacks in Paris going back many decades plus with a very large disenfranchised Muslim population, Paris is a ripe target for this type of attack.

As of this morning, it has been reported that one of the terrorists has been ID'd as a citizen of France who has been on a watch list for some time.

No hair shirt ninny nonsense here...Do a bit of research on the relationship between France and her former colony's.

So why, of all places, does France keep letting muslims (and other people) in the country?  They are so protective of their "frenchness" in so many other areas, it just seems weird that they would allow this to be diluted so much by letting so many in that have no interest in being French.

So why, of all places, does France keep letting muslims (and other people) in the country?  They are so protective of their "frenchness" in so many other areas, it just seems weird that they would allow this to be diluted so much by letting so many in that have no interest in being French.

Our new government wants to fast track 35,000 Syrian refugees.  ISIS is known to be moving people around in this refugee group.  I say put the fricken brakes on and do some really serious background checks.  If stories can't be corroborated, go find an Arab state willing to take you in.  Of course Arab states have let 0 in so far.

• Heart 1

No idea. The same goes for Britain too. Large Paki/Indian population that is allowed to immigrate due to being former members of the Empire. They too, have a big problem with radical and fundamental followers of Islam that pretty much want autonomy in their little Islamic enclaves.

Our new government wants to fast track 35,000 Syrian refugees.  ISIS is known to be moving people around in this refugee group.  I say put the fricken brakes on and do some really serious background checks.  If stories can't be corroborated, go find an Arab state willing to take you in.  Of course Arab states have let 0 in so far.

Arab states willing to take these refugees? Nope. Not going to happen. That is the joke right there.

Edited by Pokey
  • Heart 1

No idea. The same goes for Britain too. Large Paki/Indian population that is allowed to immigrate due to being former members of the Empire. They too, have a big problem with radical and fundamental followers of Islam that pretty much want autonomy in their little Islamic enclaves.

Arab states willing to take these refugees? Nope. Not going to happen. That is the joke right there.

Yup, and we should be no different.

who cares. many immigrants in France are doing just fine. anyone who chooses can simply live on welfare anyway. or go back to wherever they came from. Is ISIS upset over the conditions in France? LOL

"

On Friday, ISIS supporters used the same reasoning in celebrating the gruesome attacks in Paris. ISIS-affiliated online media channels claimed it was revenge for France’s actions in Iraq and Syria.

The attacks in Paris came just a day after ISIS claimed responsibility for a double bombing in the Lebanese capital of Beirut, allegedly in revenge for the actions of Lebanese Shiite group Hezbollah in Syria, where they are fighting alongside the Syrian regime. The bombing targeted a marketplace crowded with civilians in a Beirut suburb considered to be a Hezbollah stronghold."

http://www.alan.com/2015/11/14/we-will-humiliate-you-oh-pigs-of-france/

A little information for you here:

"During the 1948 Palestine War, around 85% (720,000 people) of the Palestinian Arab population of what has now become Israel fled or were expelled from their homes, to the West Bank, the Gaza Strip, and to the countries of Lebanon, Syria and Jordan"

In the 1967 six day war around 280,000 to 325,000 Palestinians fled or were expelled and sought refugee status in ME countries. Each war in the ME has meant more refugees seeking refuge in ME countries and this has created huge problems for these host countries who were not above using these refugees in an attempt to put pressure on Israel.

As for Pakistan/Indian immigration to the UK you may not be aware that this influx was started when the UK actively recruited in these countries in order to provide labour for industries which proved unpopular with our native work force.

Try reading about France's history of colonising Algeria and you may understand better. The children of the original immigrants of North African descent wanted very much to be French and be part of mainstream French society. Unfortunately an unenlightened policy of placing these families in Banlieues, impoverished monolithic estates which lacked proper facilities on the outskirts of major cities and denying the inhabitants work, has resulted in a great deal of embitterment in the succeeding generations. Such people are ripe for radicalisation.

I just want to sell everything, buy my sailboat and head for the South Pacific..

And who could blame you.....by the way I have my Coastal navigation qualification.....just saying.

Sounds like a bad joke though.

There a grumpy old Scot and the son of a grumpy old Scot in a boat...

It makes perfect sense.....I mean you can't have too much of a good thing. Would I have to have my ear pierced and say things "Avast" and "Heave to"?

https://youtu.be/2lCaIZE7Wuo

:D

:angry:

AND then it starts!!!

(CNN)French fighter jets bombed a series of ISIS sites in Raqqa, Syria, on Sunday in what officials described as a major bombardment.

The targets included a command center, a recruitment center, an ammunition storage base and a training camp for the terror group, said Mickael Soria, press adviser for France's defense minister.

Paris attacks: Authorities hunt for a French national

ISIS claims Raqqa as the capital of its so-called caliphate. The airstrikes come two days after a series of terrorist attacks in Paris on Friday. ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attacks, which France's President described as "an act of war."

Twelve aircraft, including 10 fighter jets, were involved in Sunday's airstrikes, Soria said.

Twenty bombs were dropped, he said, and all of the targets were destroyed.

CNN's Sandrine Amiel contributed to this report.