January Photos

Square Wheels

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I have a hard time finding the road when it snows. I like when there are fences, just try to stay between them. A decent sunset tonight

9C1FD7E4-6653-4C88-B8E0-BD8E5559208E.jpeg

C45E274C-9E74-4BB6-98D7-CF1F501B3BCB.jpeg

C4B322B9-A44D-4204-B14A-F0A54E1265A1.jpeg

WOLJ just coming up the driveway as she gets home from work.

If you use fences here, you may wind up in some very deep irrigation ditches.

14 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I try to stay right in the middle. If there is an oncoming vehicle we almost stop because they can’t tell where the ditches are either.

Memories.... Bad memories.  I remember my early driving experiences growing up out in the country - Lake Erie lake effect whiteouts.  Driving by the sight of the telephone poles. Feeling for the crown of the road to tell what side of the road you were on.  Stopping 50 feet in front of a car stopped facing you - neither driver knowing which side of the road they were on - sort of like a white-out version of chicken.  Knowing just how many feet from the 12th telephone pole the left hand turn was.

• Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Memories.... Bad memories.  I remember my early driving experiences growing up out in the country - Lake Erie lake effect whiteouts.  Driving by the sight of the telephone poles. Feeling for the crown of the road to tell what side of the road you were on.  Stopping 50 feet in front of a car stopped facing you - neither driver knowing which side of the road they were on - sort of like a white-out version of chicken.  Knowing just how many feet from the 12th telephone pole the left hand turn was.

You must have had to take your shoes off to get to 12?

• Heart 3

11 hours ago, Kzoo said:

That is scary, and reminds me of the two trips I made over the pass in Oregon in blowing snow, when I had to follow the tail lights in front of me, and was afraid to stop and have someone run into me.  Needless to say, I was 'key up' by the time I got off of the pass.

• Heart 1

Legos

With daughter's international flight leaving at 8PM, spent morning at local garden for a little exercise. Was surprised as had a Lego exhibit scattered throughout the gardens. Each exhibit was tens of thousands of Legos and took around 200 hours to assemble. Still amazed at the weight management/balancing of the humming bird display. The peacock required the most Legos.

DSC02374.jpg

DSC02375.jpg

DSC02381.jpg

DSC02382.jpg

DSC02383.jpg

DSC02386.jpg

• Heart 4