Of dry cleaning, laundering, and the horrors of ring around the collar...

Randomguy

I am a clean person.  I shower every day, often twice in the summer.  I launder and wear clean clothes.

After traveling to and fro, I have wrinkled shirts that I must wear.  I also don't iron, but that is another topic.  Anyway, I have been steaming these shirts as I shower to dewrinkleize them.  When I hung a couple of shirts this morning for this purpose, I noticed RING AROUND THE COLLAR!  Maybe it was the light or the steam that made this more apparent, but I am aghast, as anyone would be.  The shirts were whiteish/lightish in color, btw.

Does dry cleaning eliminate this, or would standard laundry be better?  The laundry would press the shirts either way, so that isn't a factor.  I am wondering if the dry cleaning chemicals that lingered would make it more difficult for this ring to adhere in the future, does that make sense?

What is to be done?

14 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I would say get them dry cleaned every once in a while - they come out so nicely pressed.  And also once in a while use wisk arond the collar or a stain stick and that will help too.

Don't they do laundry other than dry cleaning any more at the cleaners?  Wash, dry and iron should work.  You might consider wearing darker colors.