I did it

smudge

Just now, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Hey, I’m just jelly that you got such a deal, on a bike in a decent color.

Thanks. It really is a good deal. I was really hoping to get a blue like the Eville Calling or one of the Kona Process models; I already have an orange bike. But the specs are pretty much what I was looking for. The carbon frame was just a bonus. And the price made me buy it.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, dotman17 said:

I wish we could figure out a way to follow kazabooboo around the Internet.  I'm sure he spends all his free time in one of those places.

I am pretty sure he works for the CIA and would kill us if we followed him out of here.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

Take a look at the bottle racks that mount to the back of the saddle.  The rack mount is about $5 and you bolt your existing battle cages to it.  They come in singles or doubles.

on a mountain bike?

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

I am with you.  Where can we find a forum of smart ass cheap skates to hang out with?

Give up cable. You'll have enough money for a decent bike in about a year.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Reverend_Maynard said:

Camelbak. 

Very few MTBers that I know use water bottles.  They add weight to the bike, they fall out, and the mouthpieces get filthy.

If you don't like the backpack style, they have a fanny pack style now, too.

I have one. In fact I have 2 CamelBaks. I like the water bottle for my Skratch Labs Hydration mix. The mouthpiece DOES get dirty, but I just wipe it off on my shirt or shorts.

3 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Take a look at the bottle racks that mount to the back of the saddle.  The rack mount is about $5 and you bolt your existing battle cages to it.  They come in singles or doubles.

I have one of those. I use it on the Roubaix when I go for my 45 mile rides. I'm a thirsty girl!

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, smudge said:

I have one. In fact I have 2 CamelBaks. I like the water bottle for my Skratch Labs Hydration mix. The mouthpiece DOES get dirty, but I just wipe it off on my shirt or shorts.

Yeah, I can understand using a bottle for the drink mixes.  I never put anything but water in my camelbak.  Keeps it from getting nasty.  I use tablets for electrolytes and bars or gels for nutrition, so still no bottles.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, smudge said:

I have one of those. I use it on the Roubaix when I go for my 45 mile rides. I'm a thirsty girl!

The only thing it's not good for is DH class schralping where you have to get off the back of the saddle and get low for nasty downhills.

• Haha 1