Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisL

I'm Saving The Machine

Recommended Posts

My gym is pretty busy but I get there around 4:45 and it's not too busy yet. Most of the muscle bound dudes are cool though and will often let me work in with them if it's busy.

Its mostly the glam girls who eek out a set, check the phone for 5 minutes repeat... They'll tie up a machine for 15 minutes doing that but it's generally not a problem as there are enough machines available when I go.

Truth be told I could have gone to another row machine but decided to be an asshole instead.  Saving that machine my ass...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ChrisL said:

 

Truth be told I could have gone to another row machine but decided to be an asshole instead.  Saving that machine my ass...

Hee hee.... I like you. You speak my language. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll modify my routine as much as I can when it's crowded and I can't get to a bench or the weights I need.  But sometimes the asshole in me comes out and I "respectfully" ask if I can get a set in, as they sit there and discuss whatever the hell they are talking about while sitting on the bench/machine I need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, tybeegb said:

I'll modify my routine as much as I can when it's crowded and I can't get to a bench or the weights I need.  But sometimes the asshole in me comes out and I "respectfully" ask if I can get a set in, as they sit there and discuss whatever the hell they are talking about while sitting on the bench/machine I need.

Resting between sets...on their phone :angry:  My phone comes out if I need to look up an exercise (haven't done that in awhile now)....and to time the ropes and plank...  Once upon a time when I worked out at the body building gym..yeah they would let you work in...I can easily do a set while someone is "resting"...Not at PF...some people are friendly and work around..others...no way are they gonna....My routine has me doing 1 set of two or three exercises....3 times...confuses the hell out of folks who are just doing 3 sets of mega heavy curls or something.....and I move....I am not as fast as with my trainer..but I do try to more or less keep the pace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, tybeegb said:

I'll modify my routine as much as I can when it's crowded and I can't get to a bench or the weights I need.  But sometimes the asshole in me comes out and I "respectfully" ask if I can get a set in, as they sit there and discuss whatever the hell they are talking about while sitting on the bench/machine I need.

There is a hand bike that is used for physical therapy on shoulders. It’s in the gym with all the other equipment and anyone is welcome to use it. Basically nobody does unless you are continuing your shoulder therapy on your own. This spring I was doing my prescribed therapy as well as training for a triathlon. There was an old guy sitting at the hand bike chatting with the old guy on a recumbent. I skipped the handbike and went on to my other stuff. After each thing I glanced over and he was still there. After I did all my shoulder therapy except the bike I went on to work my abs and then did my cycling and running. After my run I told the old guy he would have to move for ten minutes so I could work my shoulder.

he laughed and said “why didn’t you say something?” I was just enjoying the comfortable seat on this thing. Much better than the hard seats in the cafe.

These two guys are in their eighties and there every morning. They walk for about an hour on the dreadmill  and then usually sit in the cafe and drink coffee and chat for four hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chris... said:

Planet fitness has a 30 minute circuit. It really pisses me off when someone decides to use a random machine while I’m doing the circuit. 

9D65BBED-6FE5-4326-A5B7-1A152DD2F2B0.jpeg

YEP.

And WTF is it with folks who use every machine and then wipe them all down. Wipe it as you go people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tybeegb said:

I'll modify my routine as much as I can when it's crowded and I can't get to a bench or the weights I need.  But sometimes the asshole in me comes out and I "respectfully" ask if I can get a set in, as they sit there and discuss whatever the hell they are talking about while sitting on the bench/machine I need.

It's usually the same for me.  There are enough machines I can usually go from one to another with minimal deviation.  When it is busy I usually ask if I can work in with someone and i haven't  had an issue doing so yet.  If I'm asking I always adjust the weight to that persons and wipe down each time for minimal hassle for the person who let me work in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Resting between sets...on their phone :angry:  My phone comes out if I need to look up an exercise (haven't done that in awhile now)....and to time the ropes and plank...  Once upon a time when I worked out at the body building gym..yeah they would let you work in...I can easily do a set while someone is "resting"...Not at PF...some people are friendly and work around..others...no way are they gonna....My routine has me doing 1 set of two or three exercises....3 times...confuses the hell out of folks who are just doing 3 sets of mega heavy curls or something.....and I move....I am not as fast as with my trainer..but I do try to more or less keep the pace.

I'll try to get a picture next time as I see it every time I go. I don't want to be creepy guy tho...  It's usually a 20 something glam girl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

I'll try to get a picture next time as I see it every time I go. I don't want to be creepy guy tho...  It's usually a 20 something glam girl.

We have a twenty something glam girl that leaves her treadmill running while she goes to get a drink, use the restroom, go talk to one of her friends, etc. I’ll bet she has somewhere online where she posts her 10 mile run today on the treadmill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chris... said:

oops, that's me.

I wipe the machines down before I use them, a real quick wipe when I’m done with them. The spin bikes I wipe down good when I’ll done because they really need it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's annoying, but I use it as an excuse to change up my routine and use a different machine.  There's so much idiocy in that place it's not worth arguing.  Had a guy last week watch me do a set on the fly machine, jump in, reset everything, fine I can put it back for my turn, so I waited.  And he finished (actually badly cheated) his set, pulled out his phone, didn't move......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×