I found a quarter

jsharr

13 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Inside the CD player of the wifes Jeep.  My son wanted to see would happen.

Easy to remove the dash surround, remove 4 screws, pull the stereo, pop off the top cover and remove the quarter. 

Did blow the 15A fuse, but that was an easy fix .

He must have thought it was a juke box.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, jsharr said:

Inside the CD player of the wifes Jeep.  My son wanted to see would happen.

Easy to remove the dash surround, remove 4 screws, pull the stereo, pop off the top cover and remove the quarter. 

Did blow the 15A fuse, but that was an easy fix .

Am I reading this correctly?

Your almost grown (perhaps not mature) son put a quarter into your wife's Jeep's CD player - likely rendering it useless????

And we get a story about YOU fixing it, but not HIM getting punished and/or taking it to the most expensive place around for a repair?????

8 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Am I reading this correctly?

Your almost grown (perhaps not mature) son put a quarter into your wife's Jeep's CD player - likely rendering it useless????

And we get a story about YOU fixing it, but not HIM getting punished and/or taking it to the most expensive place around for a repair?????

Apparently he did this a long time ago and my wife "forgot" to tell me.  Not sure of the back story and me getting mad or punishing so far after the fact would be pointless at best.

Anyway, the radio works, the CD player works, no harm no foul on that front and it was a fun thing to do with my son on a sunny day.  We both learned a little.

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Apparently he did this a long time ago and my wife "forgot" to tell me.  Not sure of the back story and me getting mad or punishing so far after the fact would be pointless at best.

Anyway, the radio works, the CD player works, no harm no foul on that front and it was a fun thing to do with my son on a sunny day.  We both learned a little.

Yet another reason the glaciers aren't too important to me :D

1 minute ago, TrentonMakes said:

If country music has taught me anything, it's that now you can call someone who cares.

RIght.  Have you tried to find a payphone lately?  I just dropped it in the cup holder in the Jeep.

It was fun to have Ryan call Marhta and tell her that Ryan's Car repair had her all ready to go.  He got a kick out of it too.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

no harm no foul on that front and it was a fun thing to do with my son on a sunny day. 

And next week he puts sugar in her gas tank so that the 2 of you can have a wonderful afternoon replacing the Jeep's fuel system.

SMACK that kid!  Just a little bit.