Perfumes

Dirtyhip

Ugh, some of them are so toxic.  I don't understand why people use them.

There are some smells that are nice and subtle, but mostly the store bought stuff is just foul.  Maybe people don't apply things properly.

Personally, just unscented lotion for me.  I think if people used natural scents like sage, lavender and such from plants, that is kinda nice. There is a bush that i ride past, and it brushes against my clothes and the hint of that smells so nice.

Moral of the story, is if you want to smell pleasant, you need to roll around in the bushes. Brush up against roses, lavender, sage and rosemary. Maybe stomp on some oregano too.

The end.

Spoiler

Ever notice how all the classics have been replaced with 'designer' perfumes. Slap a name on it an anything sells...but don't try to find the tried and tested classic that you know well.

EDIT Note

OK... What's with the hide content/spoiler frame. 
Original message - Ever notice how all the classics have been replaced with 'designer' perfumes. Slap a name on it an anything sells...but don't try to find the tried and tested classic that you know well.

3 minutes ago, Tizeye said:
  Hide contents

Ever notice how all the classics have been replaced with 'designer' perfumes. Slap a name on it an anything sells...but don't try to find the tried and tested classic that you know well.

Spoiler

I do admit to using a roller ball applicator with homemade scent to help my mood.  It is just fractionated coconut oil with some an essential oil blend.  It has cinnamon, sandalwood, cardamom, ginger and other plants in it.  I put it on my inner wrists.  When people jam up the three hole punch, I smell my wrist as I get up to chat with them and fix it. It helps me to not throttle them.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

It's always fun standing around with several cyclists in an unventilated room....after everyone has done a bike ride.  ?

In my early 20's, I worked at perfume counter for a major dept. store for 1 season which included Christmas rush.  It was amazing, the amount of money people spent on perfume at that time.  However I really wonder if the market has diminished because of allergies.

A new employee in our group after 3 wks., I noticed she stopped using her body wash/lotion or whatever with fragrance.  The rest of us (8 women and 1 guy) don't seem to wear any fragrance.  We do work in fragrance-free workplace.  

I like unscented in my face soap, body soap or very light fragrance.  I use an extra strong body lotion for dry skin, after daily shower, but it barely has any scent.  Dearie is allergic to perfumes, any gentle scent.  

I’m in the fragrance free camp, too. Our store is sometimes anything but. Air fresheners of different scents in different rooms. Boss’ daughter and wife don’t understand moderation on perfume. I avoid driving other work cars than mine because of their air fresheners. 
Very rarely do I smell a fragrance that is attractive on a woman. They just put it on too heavy! I was told proper perfume application is to spray a light spritz in the air and walk through it. As Tom Griswold says, “a fragrance should enhance you, not announce you”!

For awhile we had a guy at the forge shop that smelled so strong of patchouli that you instantly knew he had been in the break room or locker room when you walk in. He never made it through his probationary period. We had one other guy that went through a time of always having a strong perfume smell of some sort. He claimed it the the soap he was using. He finally used up all of that soap and didn’t buy anymore. When someone has a scent so strong you can smell it in a smoky old forge shop that’s pretty bad.

51 minutes ago, wilbur said:

I use Acqua Di Parma  soap, shampoo, deodorant, and shave gel.   It has a nice light scent that lasts until about lunch time.  I get a lot of compliments on it.  If I am going to a Dr's office, I use Baby shampoo and unscented products just as a courtesy. 

That makes scents.