So what is your favourite additional ingredient for beer? Coconut for me.

Ralphie

Manayunk Coconut Crunch Porter - yum!

I want to like coffee in beer, but it never seems to really hit for me.  I was reminded of this by coming across this article.  Interesting, but the one pale ale type beer with coffee I tried was a miss for me also.

https://vinepair.com/articles/ohio-coffee-beer/

I keep thinking back to the Dogfish Head 61 Minute IPA.  Sadly I think it is long gone, but it was a beer/red wine hybrid that I really liked.  I woudl realyl like to find a replacement for it.

https://www.dogfish.com/brewery/beer/sixty-one

Pumpkin Ale is an abomination, which is sad because you would think it would be very good!

Peanut Butter in beer is also sort of a non-starter.

So what is your opinion if you care aboot such things?

Coconut is as evil as running and Ralph. Please consider signing up for our newsletter at coconutisevil.com

I bought some chocolate peanut butter porter last week. I drank one and gave the rest to my Tuesday night ski crew. It was okay, not great. I doubt I would buy it again.

I like vanilla but not in beer or wine. I'm okay with coffee in beer. Some fruited beers are okay.

New Glarus Enigma is the still one of the best damn beers I've ever tasted. It's a brown sour with cherries. New Glarus does fruit better than most others I have tasted. 

• Heart 2

30 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Geez, I am glad I don't drink beer any more, but if I did, I would stay with PBR. I find these additions about as distasteful as pineapple and ham on pizza.

Pure beer is good too!  I am not proud. I gladly ate leftover ham and pineapple pizza even though I would never order it myself. The Italian guy next to me was appalled by it. :D  More for me!

Coffee beans and bourbon barrels for me. I do admire Jameson who aged their whisky in bourbon barrels that had also been used to age Stouts and IPA’s; well done! I also tip my hat to the CAnadiens who aged maple syrup in bourbon barrels which allowed brewers like Founders and Hardywood Park to age beer in those. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Further said:

There is something appealing about a shot of Jamison's in a glass of Guinness   

When I was in Trinidad they would cut their Guinness with canned sweetened milk. It was, rather shockingly, not too bad. 
Homemade Shandy (1/2 beer, 1/2 lemonade) was also popular.