If you lived in Beverly Hills, what would your backyard be?

12string

11 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

I live in Beverly Hills, Mi.

It's too dark for a pic of my back yard.  If there is a request, I'll take one tomorrow.

I'll be calling jsharr tomorrow for info on shallow draft boats.  Pics in the morning.

• Heart 1

The backyard is prettier in the summer when the trees and bushes have leaves.

You'll note in the first pic, the evergreens are a little thin.  They are suffering from a disease call Needle Cast.  It only affects Blue Spruce.  It can be treated but the treatment only prevents the Needle Cast from spreading; it doesn’t allow for the lost growth to come back.

Needle Cast is the 3rd die off in my life.  In the ‘70’s in was Dutch Elm disease.  In the aughts it was Ash Bore.  Now the Needle Cast.  I see a lot of spruce struggling with it when I walk through the neighborhood.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Silly said:

The backyard is prettier in the summer when the trees and bushes have leaves.

You'll note in the first pic, the evergreens are a little thin.  They are suffering from a disease call Needle Cast.  It only affects Blue Spruce.  It can be treated but the treatment only prevents the Needle Cast from spreading; it doesn’t allow for the lost growth to come back.

Needle Cast is the 3rd die off in my life.  In the ‘70’s in was Dutch Elm disease.  In the aughts it was Ash Bore.  Now the Needle Cast.  I see a lot of spruce struggling with it when I walk through the neighborhood.

how far are you from Tim Allen? He lived there, still might. I remember his house was on This Old House w/ Bob Vila. I thought that was cool because Bob was on Tool Time :D

39 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

how far are you from Tim Allen? He lived there, still might. I remember his house was on This Old House w/ Bob Vila. I thought that was cool because Bob was on Tool Time :D

I went to the same high school that Tim Allen went to.    Even though he was quite a few years ahead of me,  I graduated before him.

I don't think Allen lives here anymore.  I seem to remember he left after his last DWI, the one that resulted in him doing the Pure Michigan ads as a community service.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

Robin Williams lived around here too.  WIKI says he lived on a farm at Long Lake and Woodward which is basically where Cranbrook is.  There is a golf course at the north west corner which has been around since before Williams.  Apart from that, I haven't been able to eliminate the other corners of that intersection.  I would like to find out where that farm was.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Silly said:

I went to the same high school that Tim Allen went to.    Even though he was quite a few years ahead of me,  I graduated before him.

I don't think Allen lives here anymore.  I seem to remember he left after his last DWI, the one that resulted in him doing the Pure Michigan ads as a community service.

hmm, I didn't know that was part of community service

3 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

hmm, I didn't know that was part of community service

It is how it started.  I think the first 2 or 3 were community service.  Michigan Chamber of Commerce liked the ads and kept him on as a paying gig since

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

It is how it started.  I think the first 2 or 3 were community service.  Michigan Chamber of Commerce liked the ads and kept him on as a paying gig since

I didn't realize it was him until I heard mention of it from someone else. then I was like oh yeah it is his voice

Another thing about Tim Allen...

The evening before I saw he was arrested for DWI on the morning news, I drove past some dude taking a field sobriety test.  I may have seen Tim Allen getting arrested. 

Yeah, I am a big deal that way.

• Awesome 1
  • Yum 1