For all the drafters.. Still have them?

Wilbur

Just now, TrentonMakes said:

Yes, yes, no - I don't know what the third thing is.

Bag full of eraser shavings.  Used to spread around on the paper so your triangles & templates slide around w/o smearing the lead.  I kept mine in a bar soap container ;) 

• Heart 3
  • Thank You 1

17 hours ago, Wilbur said:

3320074.png

il_570xN.1422491199_2h3e.jpg

Eraser+Bag+Screen+shot+2012-11-07+at+4.4

I lost my original stuff then bought a T-square, triangles, template, etc. to make the drawing we had to submit to the county's Inspections and Permits Department to get a building permit to convert part of an attached covered driveway to an enclosed tool room.

Those I lost in the house fire in 2020.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

Bag full of eraser shavings.  Used to spread around on the paper so your triangles & templates slide around w/o smearing the lead.  I kept mine in a bar soap container ;) 

We referred to those as "scum bags"

Probably the only thing I don't still have.

I have 3 generations of tools laying around

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, az_cyclist said:

I thought this was about draft cards. Yes I still have my draft card, and my last classification card

I lost mine a long time ago.  :scratchhead:

The only lottery I won... :(   Then 6 months before my date, the draft ended. 

Saw it the other day as cleaning up, but don't see now for quick photo. From my drafting days, compas set, large and small, with extension rods and both graphite and ink drawing ends in a wooden case.

• Like 1

And how about your compass set?  I was a couple years into my career on the board when my dad found me a set with ivory handles in a velvet-lined wooden box.  3 sizes of compasses, a compass beam, pencil and ink tips for all, and dividers.  I have that up in my box of stuff somewhere as well.  That set was the cats mewo. 

image.png.33d64d8b2d2b6b754ff17e6b59a7c8af.png

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

And how about your compass set?  I was a couple years into my career on the board when my dad found me a set with ivory handles in a velvet-lined wooden box.  3 sizes of compasses, a compass beam, pencil and ink tips for all, and dividers.  I have that up in my box of stuff somewhere as well.  That set was the cats mewo. 

image.png.33d64d8b2d2b6b754ff17e6b59a7c8af.png

I had a really nice set that belonged to my father.  He gave them to me in 10th grade and I used them right through college.  I lent them to my brothers son when he was in high school and he lost most components.  I never got them back.  

s-l1200.webp

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I had a really nice set that belonged to my father.  He gave them to me in 10th grade and I used them right through college.  I lent them to my brothers son when he was in high school and he lost most components.  I never got them back.  

s-l1200.webp

That's art.

I have some of Dad's, but it's not the complete set.

• Heart 1