Cheese Curls

Airehead
Go to solution Solved by Wilbur,

I found a bag of old bay cheese curls in the pantry. They expired in October. I forgot that my family brought them to me when they came to visit. You cannot buy them in Rochester. Will they kill me if I eat them?

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Stale, maybe. 

Lethal, I doubt. 

Junk food has an infinite lifespan.

It if was Twinkies I think they are like wine and get better with age.  Better being a relative term.

• Heart 2

Just now, jsharr said:

It if was Twinkies I think they are like wine and get better with age.  Better being a relative term.

Former workplace, we had a sparrow get in the shop. One of my coworkers thought he could trap it in a box by luring it with a Twinkie. He set the whole works on top of a short wall. We forgot about it for a couple of years. When we finally did look at it, it looked the same as the day we put it up there - just really dirty.

Fun fact: coffee with Cremora will not grow mold.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Johnny Come Lately Name said:

I just noticed they’re Old Bay

Go ahead, eat away. You won’t be able to tell if they’re bad.

Somehow old bay seems more suited to cheese curls than to chips. I love old bay but the chips die not duit for me. Just meh. No complementary flavor. 

• Heart 1

14 hours ago, Airehead said:

I found a bag of old bay cheese curls in the pantry. They expired in October. I forgot that my family brought them to me when they came to visit. You cannot buy them in Rochester. Will they kill me if I eat them?

They probably won't kill you but, if they're like the old, past-best-by-date, packaged foods I should have thrown away but ate this Spring, they might clean you out as good as a colonoscopy prep solution!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I am pretty damn sure I have never eaten just three cheese curls, chips, tortilla chips, Fritos, or any other crunchy junk food.

Even if I didn't like them,  I ate a dozen to be sure. I don't think I ever checked dates on junk food.

Speaking of expiration dates, the mayonnaise in the fridge didn't look quite right to me this morning while making a lunch sandwich. So I checked the date 7/10/2023... Maybe why my belly hasn't felt so good lately.  

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1