Forum Moderators

Former member

candy corn is the best food ever.

I detest the stuff personally, but my grandma loved it. It was her last great pleasure as her life neared it's end in the nursing home. The staff didn't want to allow her to have it because "it wasn't good for her"

C'mon already, she's in her 90s, if she wants it she shall have it, so we would regularly smuggle some in for her.

• Heart 2

That is just ignorant.  Mods should be full participants in the forum and post as they please within the guidelines of the forum.  If you just want overlords to quell the fun and completely sterilize the forum, bikeforums.net might be just right for you. 

I agree, mods should be full participants as long as they can handle taking a little jabbing and poking.  That was the biggest problem with BF, the mods did participate, but if you tried to joke around with them, depending on who you were, you were quickly hit with a ban hammer.

• Heart 1

And if you are curious, I got permanently banned from BF years ago for posting in a Happy Birthday thread for one of the mods.

I said Happy Birthday, here is your gift.

dumdums_00189.jpg

I was pretty much instantly permanently banned.

• Heart 1

I get along with everyone here, except for the women.  I guess I don't get along with any of the women.  I am willing to kiss each of you if that's what it takes for harmony.  

I have a feeling that will cause far less harmony for you though in the long run.  Plus losing half your stuff would suck.

please identify yourself.

Maybe you should have that title under your name in a different color. 

Also SW, I have to say that making Krazy a Mod was a bad decision, but that's just my opinion. 

I am supposed to be one I think.  No real spam to kill, so I am not sure what eise I do, other than post pictures of stop signs and shit when people argue.

I think some people need to think before they re-act.........................This is suppose to be a fun and funny place to hang...I think it has been said MORE than 1 time...there is a fine line between being sarcastic and being mean....

We only have a small snapshot of each persons life and sometimes what we say may touch a sore spot... and it may not be intentional...I think if someone makes a hurtful remark the better option is to call them on it in private and explain what is going on.. than to blow up and  lash out in public...

• Heart 2

I am supposed to be one I think.  No real spam to kill, so I am not sure what eise I do, other than post pictures of stop signs and shit when people argue.

Stop signs are innocuous enough, but I'm seriously out of here if you start posting shit.  Ain't nobody need to see that. 

There is a fine line between funny and horrifying - and that one is way over it.

SW, I'm all up for candy as long as it isn't candy corns, Black Jacks, or Bit-O-Honey.  These are simply disgusting.

No Swedish Fish either.

Swedish fish?  Candy Corn?  Oh, I will accept that Bit-o-Honey and whatever blackjacks are to be horrifyingly bad, but you are defaming innocent swedish fish and wonderful candy corn.  Have you no shame?

And if you are curious, I got permanently banned from BF years ago for posting in a Happy Birthday thread for one of the mods.

I said Happy Birthday, here is your gift.

dumdums_00189.jpg

I was pretty much instantly permanently banned.

Nice example of what censorship does, it makes people humorless and weird, and not weird in a good way, but out-of-touch weird.

• Heart 1

I get along with everyone here, except for the women.  I guess I don't get along with any of the women.  I am willing to kiss each of you if that's what it takes for harmony.  

Women are pains in the ass, generally.  There are periods when they are not pains in the ass, like when you are dating and they are intent on fooling you into thinking they are nice, happy, rational creatures, but after that, you wish you could go to a nice quiet cave and become a hermit.  With candy corn.  And swedish fish.  And a nice bike or seven.  And beer.  And a sex robot.

• Heart 1

I think some people need to think before they re-act.........................This is suppose to be a fun and funny place to hang...I think it has been said MORE than 1 time...there is a fine line between being sarcastic and being mean....

We only have a small snapshot of each persons life and sometimes what we say may touch a sore spot... and it may not be intentional...I think if someone makes a hurtful remark the better option is to call them on it in private and explain what is going on.. than to blow up and  lash out in public...

Or, people could just grow a sense of humor about stuff and not act like they got a sharp dick stuffed up their asses every two minutes.  

• Heart 1

Nice example of what censorship does, it makes people humorless and weird, and not weird in a good way, but out-of-touch weird.

that was an example of what over moderation does. 

Nate used to post racist and religious shit here all the time, just to get into a fight with anyone that disagreed. That crap should have been removed, and Nate should have been banned. 

Notice how no one starts any religious/racist/political threads now that he is gone? 

If this forum was more strictly moderated in the beginning, it never would have been a big issue. 

that was an example of what over moderation does. 

Nate used to post racist and religious shit here all the time, just to get into a fight with anyone that disagreed. That crap should have been removed, and Nate should have been banned. 

Notice how no one starts any religious/racist/political threads now that he is gone? 

If this forum was more strictly moderated in the beginning, it never would have been a big issue. 

Harrumphf, I will post a racist thread now, just to prove you wrong.

Strict moderation kills the spirit of a forum, and makes life humorless, dull, and devoid of hope.

constantly is an exaggeration. 

Battle lines seem to have been drawn due to things that were said, and some people refuse to let it go. 

BSY,  I think you need to reflect on your own actions before implying improprieties of others.  I have seen you do this several times in my short duration on the forum and you have done it to me as well.  Your MOI is to attack, not just once in the inflammatory thread but all over the forum.  Cheap shots that are uncalled for and add nothing to the forum nor your reputation as a participant.  The latest was your attack on Krazy and that was unwarranted and spread to several threads.

I understand, your father is ill, so is mine.  I don't allow that to be an excuse for innapropriate behaviour.  Life is full of stress.

I happen to think the admin and both mods do a great job here but if it were up to me, personal attacks would be dealt with harshly. It isn't my forum so I expect no say in that regard. The lack of moderation make this place unique and enjoyable but inevitably, like in real life, there has to rules and they have to be enforced.  Maybe because of the size, we haven't reached that yet.

One poster eluded to peer moderation yesterday and you should pay heed to that.  I am not attacking you, just pointing out how others have viewed your actions. 

BSY,  I think you need to reflect on your own actions before implying improprieties of others.  I have seen you do this several times in my short duration on the forum and you have done it to me as well.  Your MOI is to attack, not just once in the inflammatory thread but all over the forum.  Cheap shots that are uncalled for and add nothing to the forum nor your reputation as a participant.  The latest was your attack on Krazy and that was unwarranted and spread to several threads.

I understand, your father is ill, so is mine.  I don't allow that to be an excuse for innapropriate behaviour.  Life is full of stress.

I happen to think the admin and both mods do a great job here but if it were up to me, personal attacks would be dealt with harshly. It isn't my forum so I expect no say in that regard. The lack of moderation make this place unique and enjoyable but inevitably, like in real life, there has to rules and they have to be enforced.  Maybe because of the size, we haven't reached that yet.

One poster eluded to peer moderation yesterday and you should pay heed to that.  I am not attacking you, just pointing out how others have viewed your actions. 

my "attack" on Krazy was absolutely justified. 

Sorry if you don't agree. 

Also, you have no idea what happened here in the past. 

One thing I like about SW's is that he is not waiting it out so that he can ban someone, he is holding off and waiting for the negative poster(s) to become aware of their own dickishness while they simultaneously find a way to let their inner goodness come out.   I very much like this, although sometimes it doesn't happen right away.  Sometimes it doesn't happen, but effective change comes from within.

Edited by Randomguy™

One thing I like about SW's is that he is not waiting it out so that he can ban someone, he is holding off and waiting for the negative poster(s) to become aware of their own dickishness while they simultaneously find a way to let their inner goodness come out.   I very much like this, although sometimes it doesn't happen right away.  Sometimes it doesn't happen, but effective change comes from within.

Do they they find their own dickishness or just no one to listen?