Can your Jeep do this?

Longjohn

9 hours ago, Further said:

I had a trail bike I waterproofed to where it would run till the water hit the seat, where the air intake was located

That was the downfall of many dirt bikes the air intake wasn’t high enough. During one hare scramble after a week of heavy rain we had a creek crossing and nobody could find a shallow spot to get across the creek. The creek was full of bikes that had flooded out. I rode upstream and found a place with a high bank and attempted to jump the creek. Almost made it, landed in waist deep water. Those engines sure stop quick when they suck up a cylinder full of water. I drug the bike out of the creek, pulled the spark plug, turned the bike over onto its handlebars and pumped all the water out with the kick starter. Put the plug back in and finished the race. By the next lap they had found a place to jump the creek and everyone was crossing there. I managed to take second place in spite of s rough start.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

That was the downfall of many dirt bikes the air intake wasn’t high enough. During one hare scramble after a week of heavy rain we had a creek crossing and nobody could find a shallow spot to get across the creek. The creek was full of bikes that had flooded out. I rode upstream and found a place with a high bank and attempted to jump the creek. Almost made it, landed in waist deep water. Those engines sure stop quick when they suck up a cylinder full of water. I drug the bike out of the creek, pulled the spark plug, turned the bike over onto its handlebars and pumped all the water out with the kick starter. Put the plug back in and finished the race. By the next lap they had found a place to jump the creek and everyone was crossing there. I managed to take second place in spite of s rough start.

Brilliant. :D

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, team scooter said:

Our son had a snorkel on his Jeep but it only came up to the top of his roof. I asked him if he took his Jeep under water often, he said "Nope, why would I want to do that?"  :rolleyes:

Cause it is damn fun! I have had mine right to 1 inch below the hood line several times. If I had a snorkel I would have been deeper! 

• Heart 2