Ice I will check in later

petitepedal

Heard sleet hitting the windshield in some places..others light snow..Roads were good..but slow..cos on slick spot can mess up a bunch of folks. Took me about 15 minutes longer on the commute. On the plus side all but the first 1/2 mile and the last 1/2 mile...I am on snow emergency routes...they were in great shape

• Heart 1

For me, "ICE" is the acronym for the "In Case of Emergency" contact info on my cell phone home screen.

As a side note, I actually recommend doing that for everyone with a cell phone that has a lock screen & background image.  Simply edit the background image to have a simple message like: In Case of Emergency, please contact: Jane Doe @ 555-123-1234"<- this is the emergency contact, not your cell number ;).  That way, if you're injured or even just lost your phone, people will see that info without needing to unlock your phone.

Tom

• Heart 2

48 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

For me, "ICE" is the acronym for the "In Case of Emergency" contact info on my cell phone home screen.

As a side note, I actually recommend doing that for everyone with a cell phone that has a lock screen & background image.  Simply edit the background image to have a simple message like: In Case of Emergency, please contact: Jane Doe @ 555-123-1234"<- this is the emergency contact, not your cell number ;).  That way, if you're injured or even just lost your phone, people will see that info without needing to unlock your phone.

Tom

Road ID has (or had a couple years ago) an app for that.  List Name, ICE numbers (I have 2 listed). Home City (not address for security reasons) and allergies and meds.  It will then create a photo for you in your pics folder you can use as your lock screen.  I've had it on my phone for 3 or 4 years now. 

Easy Peasy.

4 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Road ID has (or had a couple years ago) an app for that.  List Name, ICE numbers (I have 2 listed). Home City (not address for security reasons) and allergies and meds.  It will then create a photo for you in your pics folder you can use as your lock screen.  I've had it on my phone for 3 or 4 years now. 

Easy Peasy.

I just wear my Road ID dog tag 24/7.:)

Currently -6F after a low of -8F.  It did not get as cold as forecast, and that is fine with me.  No lambs were born through the night, but one is getting ready this morning.  Most all of the sheep were sleeping on new straw in the barn, but Robert the alpaca stayed by the shelter around the water fountain. Wind chill is currently -19F.

• Heart 2

12 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Easy Peasy.

Yep. That's where I got mine initially, but as I change up my phones and backgrounds, I just drop the standard ICE info onto the new lock screen. A good idea no matter what route you take to get there.  I used to wear my RoadID a lot more, but with my phone in my back pocket, name on my bike frame, and an address label on my helmet, I hope I am identifiable in most situations.  

Tom

• Heart 1

18 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

I also do not have a smart phone, so no apps. :)

Do you have a flip phone with a camera? 

White paper - crayons - snap.

My daughter has (or had?) this on her phone she left on the bleachers at a soccer game.  The finder called me (ICE number) and I had the phone back before the daughter knew she was missing it.

Be safe on the drive home, Petite!  We're getting a bit of a warm up today, which is good since it's supposed to rain tomorrow (and rain is better than snow).  In fact, I'm counting on the rain to clean my car!

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

So it is still snowing and blowing...that makes it more than the inch promised..weatherheads have it ending at 2, 3 and 4 depending on who you listen to :dontknow:...I might opt out of tonight's workout and do it tomorrow instead..when the temp I'd due to drop...

That was RG's promise, wasn't it :whistle:

Tom

Well...the snow just brushed off the car...no ice to scrape  :cheerleader:  The drive home was similar to the drive in...slow but not too bad..a little greasy in a few spots but nothing to write home about...If one of my residents had not insisted that I call when I got home..I probably would have done my gym work out...I will do that tomorrow instead..  I am going to back out of the candlelight walk for tomorrow night..gonna be cold..not as bad as new years...but cold enough...