Hiking/walking hat

shootingstar

Not a cap. Would like more face protection to make it worthwhile for me to wear it.  

So after checking some reasonably priced hats with brims, fake straw hats, I have resigned to the reality this will be a much more complex longer search locally.:mellow: I can't order online since my head is big, am picky how a hat looks on me. Certainly styles just make me look too androgynous or the other way, too girlie.  I'm walking around in shorts, skort or jeans. It's  not for a wedding party.  Only certain colours. No black/dark blue. What the hell for?  Too hot.  Am only willing spend up to $35.00CAN since I won't be wearing it that often.  

I have a thickish cotton hat which will be too hot for humid summers.  It must be also a hat to stuff in a knapsack.

Am starting search...now. 'Cause any cowboyish like hat, will become expensive in 2 months with the annual Calgary Stampede event where people and tourists buy cowboy hats.  I will consider a cowboy hat style, though open to other styles...because it is a style I can re-use locally ....and also it does express our area (Alberta beef which is exported to Asia, etc. Alberta rangeland for bison, etc.) when going overseas.  (this will be Japan for non-rainy days).

19 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Yes, I like those hats with wide brims.  I have a fat head which means I must try such hats in person at store. My dearie will actually be in Portland and Seattle over next few days, but it's too risky to ask him to buy a hat for me.

Good hats are sold according to size. You can know which size to by measuring the circumference of your head as specified on this site:

https://www.villagehatshop.com/content/38/how-to-determine-your-hat-size.html

Don't succumb to the urge to buy a hat size "range" like medium or large. Only go for hats that give the proper size. It'll cost a bit more but really, your head is worth it. :)

I don't like to wear wide brimmed hats and so liberally slather a Neutrogena face cream that has 110 spf. I put it on my face, neck and ears when i go out on adventure and on my cheecks and nose daily. 

I've noticed the sun spots on my cheeks (common in many Asian & Pacific islanders as they age) have diminished.

38 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I don't like to wear wide brimmed hats and so liberally slather a Neutrogena face cream that has 110 spf. I put it on my face, neck and ears when i go out on adventure and on my cheecks and nose daily. 

I've noticed the sun spots on my cheeks (common in many Asian & Pacific islanders as they age) have diminished.

Sigh, I've got sunspots....as a result of so much cycling.  Another reason why I want a brim hat.

2 hours ago, Scrapr said:

Fred Garvin..male model

looking good

Fred Garvin...well my last name is Gray

Actually. that was a selfie and use the photo for my "Contact Me" web page. Actual camera was on a tripod and the iPad communicated wirelessly with the camera.

http://imagesforrealestate.com/contact.html

Since the website is real estate photography, it no accident that framed the high end house across the lake.

• Heart 1
  • Envious 1