My trip away from the forum

AirwickWithCheese

1 hour ago, Lydia Cheesewaithe said:

I was running late. There was a cold rain beating down on the old aluminum window awnings outside MomCheese's kitchen. Grits, scrambled cheese eggs, buttermilk biscuits, and a large piece of pecan pie. This would be my last breakfast with Mother for almost two weeks. 

The yellow taxi honked its horn. Sam barked and begged to go with me. I kissed MomCheese on the cheek and grabbed a cold Mr. Pibb for the trip to the airport. 

The driver helped me load my Eitienne Aigner paisley tapestry suitcase in the trunk. The baggage claim number from my last flight was still attached to the handle, Alaska Airlines from Juneau 1999. 

Barry Manilow was singing on the radio. I signed in anonymously to the Cafe and played with the Member Away status. Do I share this trip?  No.  Do I send Wilbur a text?  No, Wilbur was busy with his new job and had ignored my text from three days earlier. Screw you, Wilbur.

I did get a text from SisCheese reminding me I owed $3,000 and some change for some disputed agreement. Whatever. I shutdown the phone, closed my eyes, and listened to the radio and the wiper blades struggling with heavy rain. 

She didn't even offer to give you a ride to the airport in the Mustang?

You need a better sister.  I have one you can have. My brother and other sister will not put up a fight.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Lydia Cheesewaithe said:

I was running late. There was a cold rain beating down on the old aluminum window awnings outside MomCheese's kitchen. Grits, scrambled cheese eggs, buttermilk biscuits, and a large piece of pecan pie. This would be my last breakfast with Mother for almost two weeks. 

The yellow taxi honked its horn. Sam barked and begged to go with me. I kissed MomCheese on the cheek and grabbed a cold Mr. Pibb for the trip to the airport. 

The driver helped me load my Eitienne Aigner paisley tapestry suitcase in the trunk. The baggage claim number from my last flight was still attached to the handle, Alaska Airlines from Juneau 1999. 

Barry Manilow was singing on the radio. I signed in anonymously to the Cafe and played with the Member Away status. Do I share this trip?  No.  Do I send Wilbur a text?  No, Wilbur was busy with his new job and had ignored my text from three days earlier. Screw you, Wilbur.

I did get a text from SisCheese reminding me I owed $3,000 and some change for some disputed agreement. Whatever. I shutdown the phone, closed my eyes, and listened to the radio and the wiper blades struggling with heavy rain. 

When we meet in person, I expect you to talk like this in real life.  I need to experience the full blown cheese-world

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

30 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Lydia, I am really sorry you had to go through this. And then to come back here, and not receive universal love just adds insult to injury.

Screw them all, Lydia, screw them all.

Don't suck up to him BuffJim.  Where was he when the forum needed him?  Wait, never mind.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...I am subscribing to this fascinating account of 21st Century travel adventure in search of America. :popcorn:

Also, kudos on the breakfast.  It gets harder and harder to find decent food when you travel by air.

Me too    

Rock On Cheese !

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

13 hours ago, jsharr said:

Did you go somewhere sunny where you could work on your all over tan?  Or was this work related and no fun was to be had?  Or where you on a mission of mercy of some sort, mayhaps to rescue RO from her life of drudgery in the big city?

You do realize that was too many questions at once, right?  Hmm?  Well?

• Heart 2
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Lydia Cheesewaithe said:

You are the only one who wants to hear my story but I will continue for you Mr Further. Let me get a few Mr. Pibbs in me.  

:angry:  I specifically asked you not to leave us hanging and had questions regarding the snacks.  Inquiring minds want to know! :nodhead:  (after you finish working)

• Heart 2

12 minutes ago, Kirby said:

:angry:  I specifically asked you not to leave us hanging and had questions regarding the snacks.  Inquiring minds want to know! :nodhead:  (after you finish working)

I was just being polite to Further, Ma'am. You know I'm writing this for you.   :slow-dance-smiley:

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...not to worry, @Lydia Cheesewaithe.  I have just returned from a wildflower tour of the foothills, where I took some photos from near where i lived up there.

I will post them in that April Garden Tour thread like an intermission break.  Then you can resume your story with everyone rested and refreshed.:nodhead:

I love you Page Turner, except when you are rude to my Road Runner.  At which time I disassociate myself from you like dead Stephen Hawkins disassociated himself from reality.   

28 minutes ago, Lydia Cheesewaithe said:

I love you Page Turner, except when you are rude to my Road Runner.  At which time I disassociate myself from you like dead Stephen Hawkins disassociated himself from reality.   

...it's always good for people to take breaks from one another and gain some space on occasion.:nodhead:

6 hours ago, Lydia Cheesewaithe said:

I am definitely grateful for the break from Stephen Hawkins.   :nodhead:

...did you notice that I got not a single "like" for my clever word association pun on "Dr Hawking" with "space" ?:huh:

Sometimes I just don't know why I bother with you people. :(

• Heart 2
  • Sad 1

...you know those movies you see sometimes that start out great, and you're really enjoying them ?:popcorn:

And then somewhere in the last 30 minutes everything gets lost, the plot falls apart, and you realize the writers don't have a decent ending ?

This thread reminds me of that.:(

• Heart 1
  • Whatever 1
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...you know those movies you see sometimes that start out great, and you're really enjoying them ?:popcorn:

And then somewhere in the last 30 minutes everything gets lost, the plot falls apart, and you realize the writers don't have a decent ending ?

This thread reminds me of that.:(

I am working you retired hippie. I gave you a great diversionary thread.   

• Heart 1