Woot! Stimulus Check Received! Buy Buy Buy!

Razors Edge

10 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Hand sanitizer?

Thanks.  I'll try that right after lunch.  We have a distillery just down the street that has switched part of their production over to hand sanitizer and they are starting with a fermented product from Founders Brewing.  I wonder what it will taste like? 60% ABV.

• Haha 1

Well, I guess I will be using mine to support the local economy as I will be paying a lawyer.  Just got a letter from the idiots lawyer, they want $85k.

I FUCKING HATE PEOPLE!!!

:(

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Well, I guess I will be using mine to support the local economy as I will be paying a lawyer.  Just got a letter from the idiots lawyer, they want $85k.

I FUCKING HATE PEOPLE!!!

:(

sorry.  Counter sue?  They guy is on split of some sort.  Has to go for money so he gets paid.  Sucks that this is allowed.  I think if people sue and lose, they should be made to pay whoever they sued not only for legal but for pain and suffering.

This scumbag lawyer is probably used to tossing out a big number, scaring people and then settling for half and walks away with 20 or 30 k

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

sorry.  Counter sue?

If we can for anything.

I did love they've added we lied about the HVAC system being good.  It was a fucking two year old, top of the line Lennox system that we even provided documentation showing it was just inspected.  Yet it was crap and we lied about it.

Urine stains on the carpet.  The fucking carpet had holes chewed in it, we were advised not to replace it because the buyer would anyways and they knew we had dogs.  That doesn't even show on the disclosure form anyways.

Oh, and they tried to contact us to fix the issues and we ignored them, NO THEY NEVER FUCKING TRIED TO CONTACT US!!!!  In fact, they refused to talk to us about anything.

1 hour ago, Dottles said:

And banking at Wells Fargo too. Perfect.

Likewise, but I went the long way around. First Union, Wachovia then finally bought out by Wells Fargo. Did start my business account there "no fee" but then they started charging fees and hello Trustco Bank where also have a secondary savings and checking. When traveling overseas, best to have 2 banks in case problem with one.

Now Bank of America -  I am about to scream at their ineptitude with my mom's account and the transition on decedent affairs removing her husband plus adding my sister to assist my mom. About to open another account at another bank as primary - joint, not LPOA as BofA insisted for my sister (I trust her) but not close BofA keeping dividend auto deposits and SS coming there and write a check to the other bank. I actually did the same when in the military with pay always coming to my first c/u, not giving the government the opportunity to mess up my pay, and open a local bank account which merchants preferred with each PCS.

9 minutes ago, Indy said:

If we can for anything.

I did love they've added we lied about the HVAC system being good.  It was a fucking two year old, top of the line Lennox system that we even provided documentation showing it was just inspected.  Yet it was crap and we lied about it.

Urine stains on the carpet.  The fucking carpet had holes chewed in it, we were advised not to replace it because the buyer would anyways and they knew we had dogs.  That doesn't even show on the disclosure form anyways.

Oh, and they tried to contact us to fix the issues and we ignored them, NO THEY NEVER FUCKING TRIED TO CONTACT US!!!!  In fact, they refused to talk to us about anything.

Do you know anyone who has the beer virus that you can send over to pay them a visit? You know where they live.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Our realtor is saying just ignore them until they actually file a lawsuit and get a lawyer then.

Pretty much a good idea if you're in the right.  They seem to be baiting for a settlement.  Screw em and make them actually do the real work to try and get money.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

Pretty much a good idea if you're in the right.  They seem to be baiting for a settlement.  Screw em and make them actually do the real work to try and get money.

Yeah, my wife is checking with her coworker who is a lawyer, not actively practicing though, just to advice if we should go ahead and consult with one.

I don't think they have a case and their lawyer is using heavy scare tactics as they are threatening three times the cost if it goes to trial and they are saying jury trial, which I also think would be a bit excessive for this kind of a case.

Not certain with your State, but how did the offer contract read? Selling as is? Subject to home inspection which they pay for - and last chance to cancel sale and get their deposit back? Did they have it done, or waive it? Did you have a written owner's disclosure that discussed everything including the AC and carpet. Did you offer a re-carpet/flooring allowance in the sales offer?

57 minutes ago, Indy said:

If we can for anything.

Do you even need a lawyer?

Sounds like you have the evidence on your side.  I would confidently tell them to go pound sand and that you look forward to having them explain the home inspection to the judge.

18 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Do you even need a lawyer?

Sounds like you have the evidence on your side.  I would confidently tell them to go pound sand and that you look forward to having them explain the home inspection to the judge.

No, just a friend that isn't practicing, but I've been looking in case we need one, but most seem to indicate we don't need one until the officially sue though I'm not completely sure of that.  They are suing the inspection company too.

31 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Not certain with your State, but how did the offer contract read? Selling as is? Subject to home inspection which they pay for - and last chance to cancel sale and get their deposit back? Did they have it done, or waive it? Did you have a written owner's disclosure that discussed everything including the AC and carpet. Did you offer a re-carpet/flooring allowance in the sales offer?

They had a home inspection which we addressed everything they had us address.  We had a disclosure, nothing was discussed because they refused to talk to me even though I at numerous times offered.  Disclosure didn't cover carpet (had visible holes in it already), we provided an inspection report on the HVAC that wasn't even a month old from the service company that installed it, fairly reputable shop.