Thursday night at the ER

Parsnip Totin Jack

It isnt easy...thankfully for me I am not the responsibly family member..I am the staff member calling the family...Jerry died on Tuesday..he was on Hospice, Juanita is not coming back...nursing home is her new address, Harold is on a wait list, Kathleen needs socialzation..lack out outside contact has emphasized  her declining abilities. And the list goes on.

• Heart 2
  • Sad 4

I am sorry that this was your day.  I remember those days all so well with my mother-in-law.  She couldn't remember most things but boy could she latch on to something she wanted.

More importantly, how is your mom?  Did they find anything?  And who was with the striped guy?

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

:( I know what you're experiencing, hope things turn out better.

Thanks, the tests were all negative, Mom is in good health. She was just in a funk because of the Covid lockdowns. She lives in, what once was, a Covid hotspot, with 16 cases and 7 deaths. But she doesn’t want to be inconvenienced. 

• Heart 1

I'm sorry you went through that.  I became quite the expert on emergency room visits during my parents last years.  It was never easy, but I guarantee you in years to come you will be thankful you were able to be there with them.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, petitepedal said:

It isnt easy...thankfully for me I am not the responsibly family member..I am the staff member calling the family...Jerry died on Tuesday..he was on Hospice, Juanita is not coming back...nursing home is her new address, Harold is on a wait list, Kathleen needs socialzation..lack out outside contact has emphasized  her declining abilities. And the list goes on.

You're an amazing person petite....to do your job.

7 hours ago, Kirby said:

I'm sorry you went through that.  I became quite the expert on emergency room visits during my parents last years.  It was never easy, but I guarantee you in years to come you will be thankful you were able to be there with them.

This.

• Hugs 1

7 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

I did the googler for you. It’s called the pure wick. https://www.purewickathome.com/

They advertise the crap out of those on the old people station my wife watches. I would expect those to work about as good as they worked for  your mom. The tv add shows some sweet old lady that apparently is healthy but has issues with bedwetting. I clicked the buy now link and it took me to a page wanting all my information and wanted me to call them. Must be frightfully expensive. My wife has a regular catheter. A bedpan doesn’t work well for a female when she has to pee. I was suggesting some design changes for a female urinal similar to the cup shield thingy they put on a little boy’s potty seat. I bought a female urinal but they only work for patients that can sit up on the side of the bed. My wife can’t do that. They are designed like a she-wee on a bottle. Our care givers thought it was cool but doesn’t work in our situation. I use it to empty her catheter bag.