Lifted toilets

ChrisL

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

The flooring guys said they would need to remove toilets to floor the bathrooms and if we wanted new toilets they’d put them in & haul away the old at no charge.  So we got some new ones and I chose toilets that are about 2” higher than the others. I figured with my arthritic knees I could use the boost.

Surprising how much difference a couple of inches makes! It is way easier on the knees, getting up is easier and other than crashing down hard the first time as I misjudged the height there really is no negative to having a taller toilet. 

Not sure if @Dirtyhip or @MickinMD have already picked toilets but definately something to keep in mind.

I think it was bikeman that suggested we put them in. We did. Not sorry. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

The flooring guys said they would need to remove toilets to floor the bathrooms and if we wanted new toilets they’d put them in & haul away the old at no charge.  So we got some new ones and I chose toilets that are about 2” higher than the others. I figured with my arthritic knees I could use the boost.

Surprising how much difference a couple of inches makes! It is way easier on the knees, getting up is easier and other than crashing down hard the first time as I misjudged the height there really is no negative to having a taller toilet. 

Not sure if @Dirtyhip or @MickinMD have already picked toilets but definately something to keep in mind.

"Comfort Height" is the new thing..as opposed to the older traditional "handicapped" toilet which was even taller...

For what it is worth my 6ft tall aunt had a tall toilet..lived at her house for al.ost a year...and my feet never touch the ground while sitting on the throne :runcirclsmiley:I did not enjoy that.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

"Comfort Height" is the new thing..as opposed to the older traditional "handicapped" toilet which was even taller...

For what it is worth my 6ft tall aunt had a tall toilet..lived at her house for al.ost a year...and my feet never touch the ground while sitting on the throne :runcirclsmiley:I did not enjoy that.

In the last years in her house my grandmother had an extension that was aboot a foot high!  You could use it as is or take it off.  Neither was fun.