So, my work e-mail address is no more.

MoseySusan

OK so you and Jerry are retired.  We have @shootingstar screaming out to retire.  And I'm thinking I want to retire but can't.  Now we have @MoseySusan feeling dejected because her actions have turned into reality.  @JerrySTL is still my hero because he retired from an industry that will eat you up and spit you out -- and now goes for what seems like daily or every other day bike rides on his tandem.  My advice is to be like Jerry.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, MoseySusan said:

Checked the list of G-mail accounts in use on my phone, and it’s gone. No more .edu. My Google Classroom app comes up “Try another account.” I am no longer an employee. It’s real. 
I wonder what will happen to my educator NYT subscription.

Welcome to the world of elder people.  We exist but are not really part of the system anymore. You have been liberated.

• Heart 4

32 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

You have been liberated.

You’re not kidding! That e-mail inbox collected a hundred messages a day, and if there was a parent or two tucked in there somewhere, they wanted an immediate reply. Checking and sorting/deleting e-mail five times a day became a thing. 

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, MoseySusan said:

You’re not kidding! That e-mail inbox collected a hundred messages a day, and if there was a parent or two tucked in there somewhere, they wanted an immediate reply. Checking and sorting/deleting e-mail five times a day became a thing. 

Reading/responding/etc...  email after work in the evening was 'normal' for years.    Reading/responding/etc...  email on vacation... (sad but true) was normal too.  :(

It took less than 1 day for my email address, network access, building access, security clearance, etc... to be cancelled.   I still don't miss any of it

After a while, except for the memories, it will be like you worked.  At least that's how it feels for me.

@BR46 figured it out...    You will get  to your 'new normal' (couldn't resist ) soon....  enjoy.  :)

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, MoseySusan said:

Trying. I’m on the bike three days, in the gym three days, and swimming one day. 

I did find that after a few months of being retired that I was happy with a part time job at a hobby shop.  Think of it as tapering off from a lifetime of working.  I did that for about 3 years 1 or 2 days a week until I got tired of dealing with the public and retired for good

• Awesome 1

7 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

I’m glad you’re not truly dead inside. 

Not truly dead inside, but EXTREMELY disappointed  with my co-workers and their lack of actually doing their job. You would think after 6 years of the store being open, and we ALWAYS have a sale changeout on Wednesday. You Would think they would have caught on by now that Wednesdays are the day to change their tags and signage.. Every week I have to fight with them about why their audits looks horrible and we are number 7 from the bottom of the list out of 47 stores in the region. 
Wednesdays are also the day our boss is in trying to talk me down from hurling myself or another co-worker off the balcony. :lol:

• Hugs 1