Do you have buyers remorse yet?

Wilbur

I've spent so many hours this year researching and researching and researching, that I've managed to avoid buyer's remorse for a while.

But it's gotten to the point where I'm overthinking everything, though sometimes the extra time results in finding something better - like my latest purchase: a glass lid with metal strainer sides on a 3 qt. non-stick saucepan with spouts on opposite sides, so you don't need a colander to strain spaghetti, egg noodles, etc.

564620533_3qtstrainerpot.thumb.JPG.1fcce5115328320b68878870355fc2be.JPG

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

No regrets for all the bikes I bought. Not even the one where I rode it for 4 years and then later glommed onto a better one. Dearie took the dejected bike and rode it for 2 years or so. It was also loaned to guests staying with us. I'm happy it had a good life after my use.

I regret abit buying too many books that I ended up not reading but donated.

52 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Maybe an Ovation guitar I bought in 2003.  I sold it as soon as I could, I disliked it so much.

They don’t even make those anymore do they? I don’t remember seeing them in the guitar stores lately.

edit: uncle google answered my question:

Did Ovation guitars go out of business?

Image result for Ovation guitars

Production of the standard model range of Ovation guitars in the U.S. has been ceased under the ownership of Fender Musical 

I have but I don't have buyers remorse on my new home.  I remorse some on the price tag but then I remind myself I either don't buy and pay more to live in an apartment with a bunch of yahoos or I buck up and buy a place that at the current time continues to rise.  Either these prices come crashing down or they hold because there are still shortages.  I think they hold for awhile. And I have about as low as a mortgage as I can get in this day and age -- I sacrificed some living space for that and moved out a few counties.  But when I think how much I paid per square foot -- it's hard to digest.  Still it's like that or worse everywhere else. I'm hoping when the revolution comes, they'll go for the bigger houses first.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

I have a little aboot cheaping oot for the battery for this ancient Dell Laptop.  It is so old I didn't think it was worth spending $60, so I bought 2 $20 batteries so far.  The first was DOA, and the second is ok, but it only lasts a short time, maybe an hour and a half.  But the performance of the old laptop with Lubuntu and a SSD is tremendous, so I will be using the battery a lot longer than I expected!

• Heart 1

yes

the shovel is very well made and will certainly out last me.

it also weighs at least a pound more than it has to

picking up an extra pound a few hundred times...

I would prefer to replace a lighter shovel every couple years...and I would prefer that I need to replace it many, many times...

• Heart 3

Deciding to populate my latest nas server with 2.5" drives. What a cock up.

The offsite backup had a node failure so ordered a new pair of drives. That uses 3.5" tb drives. Two of them cost me as much as a single 4tb in the "micro" nas project. 

SffPC's are something I see myself getting over quickly 

• Heart 1