The SWC 2023 Daily and Total Mileage Thread

Road Runner

1 hour ago, jdc2000 said:

Do they have the road completely plowed now?

Yes. We started at Windy Point and rode to Signal mtn and back. We rode the Jenny Lake loop on the return. Everything was clear. If the weather had been better, we might have gone further, but it was windy and it snowed a little. 

Hopefully, the weekend will be nice. I'd like to ride Moose to Flagg Ranch and back. Signal to Flagg is pretty nice this time of year without lots of traffic. 

• Heart 3
  • Like 1

Saturday to Wednesday was camping, about 8 miles hiking on Monday

yesterday was 52 pool laps, 1 hr gym

today, 60 laps, hr gym, hockey tonight

getting really tired of mostly using the gym for PT.  It's been close to a year since i could just go to the gym to pick things up and put them down.

:check:

• Heart 3

45 km. It's the longest this yr. with 15 lbs. of groceries, etc. After 4 shrimp dumpling snacks at Asian supermarket and a Turkish pistachio baklava that I forgot in my pannier, set off homeward bound.   Had to stop for coffee and...a little biscotti.  I was tired since it was beautiful bright blue sky day and no clouds..... no trees for 70% of trip. I bought 2 large bags of steamed noodles, a bitter melon, a jar of chili garlic soy sauce paste, bok choy and bamboo wrapped sticky rice packet.... first time I ever bought one from a store.  Normally I used to eat ...my mother's.  

Sticky rice packets wrapped in bamboo or taro leaf..which can be frozen and eaten later....for Dragonboat Festival in June. 

But wonderful out there today and more cyclists in the park areas.

Start of ride, there was a race (may be it was 10 km. run??) ...I suspect alot of those runners, see it as a precursor to get themselves prepped for major big marathon at end of May in our area.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Like 1

Long weekend in the Poconos with friends... on Friday, rode the MTB for 18 on the Lackawanna rail trail northeast of Scranton, then Saturday we hiked 3.5 miles on a trail along Lake Wallenpaupack (though I haven't really been tracking walking/hiking miles)  We had a great time.

• Heart 3

8 hours ago, jdc2000 said:

30 miles in Teton Park.  The weather was equal to the best I have ever had there.  Temperatures in the mid 40's up to the low 60's, with blue skies and lots of sun.  The best part was that there was no significant wind at all.  There is usually a 15-20+ mph headwind on the return trip, but the winds were 0-3 mph.

There were more people out on the road than I have ever seen before, including a lot more walkers, like several times as many, as I usually see.

It was the busiest I've ever seen it. On Sat, cars were parked all the way to windy point on both sides. 

We rode to Colter Bay. Almost no cars north of Signal. We bought some ice cream at Colter. 

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, dinneR said:

It was the busiest I've ever seen it. On Sat, cars were parked all the way to windy point on both sides. 

We rode to Colter Bay. Almost no cars north of Signal. We bought some ice cream at Colter.

I usually ride to Colter Bay also, but with less training miles this year I decide not to.  The Signal Mountain and String Lake road sections were not yet plowed, so no String Lake side trip on the return.

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, jdc2000 said:

I usually ride to Colter Bay also, but with less training miles this year I decide not to.  The Signal Mountain and String Lake road sections were not yet plowed, so no String Lake side trip on the return.

The Jenny Lake/String Lake loop is plowed. I've ridden it three times this year. The B&W pic is from the Jenny pullout.