Do you like funky music?

Shu Fang Bastard

I think there is NO such thing as bad music - even people struggling through recitals - as long as the intention or lyrics are not disgusting or promoting violence, etc.

It's all interconnected.  In Linda Ronstadt's memoirs, she points out that Cajun country music is related to the French Classical Music of Debussy and others.

The equal temperament scales used by all music now (where A sharp sounds the same a B flat, etc.) was championed by Johann Sebastian Bach, who wrote a set of music in every possible key to show it worked.

Even the general rules of when a bass voice's notes can rise above a soprano's notes in a passage are the same in every kind of music or else it just doesn't sound "right."

It's all good!

• Heart 2

10 hours ago, MickinMD said:

I think there is NO such thing as bad music - even people struggling through recitals - as long as the intention or lyrics are not disgusting or promoting violence, etc.

It's all interconnected.  In Linda Ronstadt's memoirs, she points out that Cajun country music is related to the French Classical Music of Debussy and others.

The equal temperament scales used by all music now (where A sharp sounds the same a B flat, etc.) was championed by Johann Sebastian Bach, who wrote a set of music in every possible key to show it worked.

Even the general rules of when a bass voice's notes can rise above a soprano's notes in a passage are the same in every kind of music or else it just doesn't sound "right."

It's all good!

During Richard Thompson’s “1000 years of Popular Music” shows, he would play Britney Spears’ “Oops I Did It Again” which took on a different interpretation when performed by a 64 year old man on acoustic guitar. He would then take the melody and play it in a Renaissance style to finish the song.