Official NFL Week 6 Thread

BuffJim

On 10/11/2023 at 4:05 PM, BuffJim said:

Week 5 left a bad taste in my mouth. 
We play the Giants Sunday night. 
Best game might be Seahawks vs Bengals. 

Me too.

Week 5 the Ravens lost a game they should have easily won.

The Orioles got swept by the poorer-record Rangers and knocked out of the playoffs.

I lost all three games my fantasy teams played.

I hope Week 6 is a reversal!

• Hugs 1

7 hours ago, Kzoo said:

97 yards passing with 2 interceptions…

1 interception was batted at the line. 1 was horrible. 97 yards is anemic but after watching the game, their defense dominated them. It was smothering. Denver just has bad offense. Russ didn’t do anything exceptional and at his salary he should be 

A long pass by Tannehill and the Ravens Defensive Back Marcus Williams is standing still at the Ravens 21 yard line waiting for the ball, which is coming straight to him.

The Titans WR DeAndre Hopkins runs into Williams.  Williams is called for pass interference!  Even the TV retired ref couldn't believe it.

The Ravens #1 in the NFL Red Zone Defense holds the Titans to a FG.  Tied at 3-3.  The Ravens had only given up 3 points in the first quarters of their first 5 games.

The Ravens get the ball and a 27 yard pass to Odell Beckham Jr, another to Aghalor, and three runs by Edwards and the Ravens are 2nd and 5 from the Titans 11 yard-line.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 11:22 AM, Triggeredguy said:

The 49'ers should curb-stomp the Browns, but the 49'ers are utter garbage, historically, against the Jim Schwarz defenses.   So that means there is a chance if you don't think about it logically.

And Watson isn't playing again.  The Dr advised him to stop using his throwing arm to lift his wallet.

• Haha 1

The Ravens are playing like the Ravens in the first half except they're not scoring TD's at a high rate in the Red Zone.

The Titans excellent D has stopped them in the Red Zone except for one TD where the Titans blocked Justin Tucker's Extra Point.  Tucker was mad as hell and was kicking his leg in the air on the sidelines as he couldn't wait to kick his 4th FG where he's 4 out of 4 at halftime.  If it comes down to it., Harbaugh will probably lt him try a 70 yard FG.  He holds the NFL record with 66 yards and one tried an 85 yd. FG in practice before a game at Denver which hit the crossbars and bounced back.  Tucker says his max. range is 84 yards.  Of course, that kick was at Mile High Stadium.

18-3, Ravens at the end of the first half with total net yards: Ravens 242, Titans 66.

Titans Rushing King Derrick Henry has 13 yards on 6 carries.

The Ravens blew two leads in the 2nd half his year, so we hold off on celebrating!

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Sorry can’t do it. Flipping between the ALCS & a Lakers preseason game.

Rams took care of business.  Missed the game but caught the highlights.

We lost.  We had 4 trips inside the 10 yard line and came away with 3 points total.  We lost by 4.  That's all you need to know. Cards lose.  9ers lose.  You guys jumped a game!!

• Hugs 1

7 hours ago, Dottleshead said:

I'm glad I was stupid today.  Well more stupid than normal -- but this game has turned out to be very entertaining.  I suspect Jim doesn't think so -- but since I have 0 emotion invested in this game -- it's turned out to be pretty entertaining.

It was stressful, but the end was great. Not our best effort. Watched the 2nd half with my cousin at a bar cause I couldn’t get it on TV in the room. 

IMG_3321.jpeg

• Heart 2
  • Like 1

Even as an Eagles fan, I'm happy their bubble is burst.  They have yet to look "great" and often not even close to great is their norm :(  

For them, helps it wasn't in the NFC East.  They will have to improve a LOT to be competitive in the NFC including Dallas.

No undefeated teams is good.

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Even as an Eagles fan, I'm happy their bubble is burst.  They have yet to look "great" and often not even close to great is their norm :(  

For them, helps it wasn't in the NFC East.  They will have to improve a LOT to be competitive in the NFC including Dallas.

No undefeated teams is good.

Only if it wakes them up.  They were AWFUL, top to bottom

• Heart 1