New years eve looking like a dud this year

12string

We'll be in Vermont.  One of our 40 for 40, back to the inn Where we spent a night on our honeymoon.

Checked a few of the old New Year's Eve events we've done near there before - no more.  There's NOTHING going on for midnight around there!  Can't find anything less than an hour's drive.

Maybe a night hike.  Bring a bottle of bubbly.

• Heart 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 12string said:

We'll be in Vermont.  One of our 40 for 40, back to the inn Where we spent a night on our honeymoon.

Checked a few of the old New Year's Eve events we've done near there before - no more.  There's NOTHING going on for midnight around there!  Can't find anything less than an hour's drive.

Maybe a night hike.  Bring a bottle of bubbly.

Maybe you could spend another honeymoon night.

15 hours ago, Dottleshead said:

I never, ever do anything for NYE.  Play it safe and stay home.  Not necessarily by design.  It's just what I say to myself ever year to make me feel like I'm outsmarting the system.

I seldom do anything either.  My brother's band sometimes has a gig in a bar on New Year's Eve and I'll show up around 11 pm, have a few drinks and conversation and leave soon after midnight.

Every city I've lived in as an adult, always had fireworks for New Year's.  

I've avoided going to them simply because I don't enjoy standing around in freezin'  cold winter night and not moving around. Plus hemmed in by other folks.  (I've gone to major summer evening fireworks.)

Nothing planned except listening to music.