I thought I was dreaming

BR46

The last 2 days around 4am I heard Coyotes howling and I thought that I was just dreaming. Today I was talking to someone who lives 2 blocks away and said that her dogs were going nuts around 4:30am. 

She took her dog to the vet yesterday because she found bite marks on her dog after her dog was outside. 

I've never seen a roadrunner around here 

• Heart 2
  • Sad 1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, BR46 said:

The last 2 days around 4am I heard Coyotes howling and I thought that I was just dreaming. Today I was talking to someone who lives 2 blocks away and said that her dogs were going nuts around 4:30am. 

She took her dog to the vet yesterday because she found bite marks on her dog after her dog was outside. 

I've never seen a roadrunner around here 

Maybe you were dreaming and still are.. do you feel like you are trying to tell a bunch of imaginary people this story? 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

Maybe you were dreaming and still are.. do you feel like you are trying to tell a bunch of imaginary people this story? 

I'm retired and spend a lot of time alone in my garage so my imaginary friends are all I have. 

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

18 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I'm retired and spend a lot of time alone in my garage so my imaginary friends are all I have. 

Have you thought about showing all your imaginary friends a party??? I think it would be nice to fill the garage with balloons and maybe get a cake. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Yeah we have them in spades where I live.  Had a couple of close encounters where Jack could’ve gotten snatched.  My son was coming home from work the other night and said a bunch of coyote’s were on the green belt by our front door.  He went around & went in the garage instead…

42 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

We had them bad. Ours were a cross between a coyote and a timber wolf. They were very pretty but dangerous. Professional coyote hunters got rid of them.

They said Pa would be overrun by coyotes. Ha, open season on anything in Pa means the end is near...

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

We had them bad. Ours were a cross between a coyote and a timber wolf. They were very pretty but dangerous. Professional coyote hunters got rid of them.

We had them in the area but I never seen them or heard them in the city 

4 hours ago, BR46 said:

I heard Coyotes howling

We are in a rural area and we hear coyotes at least twice a week.  Sometimes when I take the dogs out at night the coyotes, they sound close. 

About once a month the dogs stop and alert.  :dontknow:  It's quite and no sounds.  We don't waste much time outside when that happens.

About 1 hour ago, I took our Beagle outside.  I always use a leash.  I open the garage door and Bella has to wait for me to get there (the leash is 26 feet long) and then we both go outside.  Tonight I had to hold Bella back, she wanted to run.   I got outside the garage and about 20 feet to my left is a possum running away.  :frantics:  That was close enough.... 

We   live in a subdivision. 2.5 blocks away is 2-5 acre lots w/houses. Beyond that is "country". Last week we heard the coyotes howling. It sounded close like out in the farm land. In the spring/summer they come in to the subdivision. Our last walk is about 11:00 pm. The coyotes sound like they are a block over. The dogs alert & the big dog (who is anxious) wants to go home....now. The little one would want to fight them

I’ll never forget the time I went for a run at this nature park and my son, maybe 8-10 YO was riding his bike.  We were on a looped trail and he got a ways ahead, and then stopped.  I told him it was a loop, go on you can’t get lost.  He says, I’m not going down there, there’s wild animals down there!!! I’m thinking rabbits & squirrels so tell him go on, it’s OK.  But he doesn’t.  

So I get to where he is and there is a turn in the trail with bushes so I can’t see what he sees until I get to him.  And there are 4 big ass coyote’s standing there looking at us!  Sumbeotch there ARE wild animals down there! 😂

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Further said:

Coyotes are pretty much every where now.

My cousin's husband who knows-it-all and grew up in the West said I probably didn't see the coyote I claimed to see in Yellowstone Nat'l Park because they tend to stay hidden.  Maybe he was thinking of many years back.

I showed him the video.  "Yes, that's a coyote."

3 minutes ago, Ralphie said:

Thank m goodness I never hear any. We have enough dog barking chains. That might set off a never ending one!

When I heard them it sounded like it was just outside my window. Someone who lives 2 blocks away said her dog was going crazy and let the dog back in the house and found bite marks on her dogs back.