In other NFL news, looks like Cousins to the Falcons and Barkley to the Eagles

Randomguy

15 hours ago, Shu Fang said:

Someone actually wanted that guy?

Couch

No, I was guessing that if someone did, it would be the Titans.  I have no information, though, but do they make helmets specifically for people who have dents in their heads?

I am not sure what "ALL IN" means to Jerry "Gloryhole" Jones, but the Cowboys lost three valuable players to free agency yesterday that will be hard to replace.  Running back Tony Pollard, DL Dorance Armstrong and Center Tyler Biadaz.   The Cowboys are going to go maybe 10-7 or 9-8 and either not make the playoffs or get tossed in the first round again.   

19 hours ago, jsharr said:

Jerry Jones is still the football anti Christ.  

From what I can glean, common sense tells us the anti Christ is a requirement for the Rapture and salvation of this hell on Earth we are living in currently.

Please thank/elect the anti Christ.  He's a key figure!

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

From what I can glean, common sense tells us the anti Christ is a requirement for the Rapture and salvation of this hell on Earth we are living in currently.

Please thank/elect the anti Christ.  He's a key figure!

I am confused, so Satan is not the antichrist?   Hard to keep track with all the weirdnesses invented just for these folks.

• Hugs 1

My Rams made some good moves resigning Kevin Dotson and adding another guard and TE via FA.  They also brought back Darius Willam’s who appeared to be a cap casualty and has been a solid CB.   Not sexy signings but they all should be solid contributors & address needs.

Now they need to address Edge, kicker & back up QB.  

17 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

... and TE via FA.

I read a couple articles that said the Seahawks could have kept Parkinson because he was good and less expensive.  He may not have the stats but he had competition behind Noah Fant in an offense that did not showcase the TE.  Apparently Colby's run blocking is very good.  Looks like your Chargers got our other TE Will Disley.

• Heart 1

22 minutes ago, Dottleshead said:

I read a couple articles that said the Seahawks could have kept Parkinson because he was good and less expensive.  He may not have the stats but he had competition behind Noah Fant in an offense that did not showcase the TE.  Apparently Colby's run blocking is very good.  Looks like your Chargers got our other TE Will Disley.

TE’s in the Rams scheme mostly block and are not featured receivers so the signing makes a lot of sense.  They have a couple of young TE’s that are more receivers but don’t get much play time.  Also their starter Tyler Higbee got his knee destroyed in the playoffs and will likely miss time this season as he rehabs.  I think it’s one of those low key but impactful signings.  

• Heart 1

And other acquisition according to NFL.com:

"There's a freight train headed for Baltimore.

Derrick Henry and the Baltimore Ravens have agreed to terms on a two-year, $16 million contract, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Tuesday. Henry's deal is worth up to $20 million and includes $9 million guaranteed, per Rapoport.

Henry, 30, departs Tennessee after eight seasons and arrives in Baltimore as a seemingly splendid fit for the Ravens, adding a battering ram to complement the game-breaking speed and elusiveness of quarterback Lamar Jackson."

The Ravens, with the best balanced roster in the league last year, are expected to lose a lot of free agents.

On day 1 of free agency, they lost RB Gus Edwards but improved getting Derrick Henry.

But they also lost 5 other players including excellent LT John Simpson (Jets), WR Devin Duvernay very underrated and a spectacular kick returner.

They might also lose Odell Beckham Jr who caught key passes in several games but wasn't worth $15M/yr. and LB Patrick Queen who looks spectacular when he's playing alongside LB Roquan Smith but only a little better than ordinary otherwise.

They have most of their key players signed for 2-4 more years.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

TE’s in the Rams scheme mostly block and are not featured receivers so the signing makes a lot of sense.  They have a couple of young TE’s that are more receivers but don’t get much play time.  Also their starter Tyler Higbee got his knee destroyed in the playoffs and will likely miss time this season as he rehabs.  I think it’s one of those low key but impactful signings.  

And I think it was a good one. He’s a long haired punk which makes him easy to identify out on the field 

• Heart 1

30 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Damn!  Colby cashed in.  https://www.fieldgulls.com/2024/3/11/24097530/seattle-seahawks-2024-free-agency-colby-parkinson-to-join-the-los-angeles-rams

Besides Derrick Henry to Baltimore, a lot of other RB moves were made:

With so many premier options on the market, teams pounced to get their guy on Day 1. To recap:

After acquirung Jacobs, the Packers released top RB Aaron Jones.who signed with the Vikings.

Joe Mixon signed with the Texanns

A lot of this is a game of musical chairs:

Gibson to NE from WAS who grabbed Ekeler from LAC who grabbed Edwards from BAL who grabbed Henry from TEN who grabbed Tony Pollard from DAL.

Barkley to PHI from NYG who grabbed Singletary from HOU who grabbed Joe Mixon from CIN who grabbed Zach Moss from IND

Aaron Jones to MIN from GB who grabbed Josh Jacobs from LAR

35 minutes ago, Dottleshead said:

It will be interesting to see how he does with the Steelers.  He was better than average but a little disappointing in growth until the Ravens acquired Roquan Smith as their other inside linebacker in mid-season 2022. Smith, one of top two ranked LBs in the NFL who the Ravens signed for 5-years last year, certainly freed up Queen on a lot of plays where the blockers often double-teamed Smith.  Most Ravens fans in the Ravens website's comments don't consider him a major loss, but hate seeing him go to the archrival Steelers.

It will also be interesting to see how Russell Wilson does at QB with the Steelers.  Two excellent head coaches, Pete Carroll and Sean Payton let him go and the sportswriters are saying he was a "punching bag" for Payton last year,  Of course, he's going to an excellent head coach in Mike Tomlin, so there must be some real promise there.

1 minute ago, MickinMD said:

It will be interesting to see how he does with the Steelers.  He was better than average but a little disappointing in growth until the Ravens acquired Roquan Smith as their other inside linebacker in mid-season 2022. Smith, one of top two ranked LBs in the NFL who the Ravens signed for 5-years last year, certainly freed up Queen on a lot of plays where the blockers often double-teamed Smith.  Most Ravens fans in the Ravens website's comments don't consider him a major loss, but hate seeing him go to the archrival Steelers.

Same thing here with Jordyn Brooks -- the guy we selected before Queen -- we lost him to Miami.  I personally wanted to keep him but it's also a loss I'll be able to get over.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 3:28 PM, Randomguy said:

The only good thing you can say about denthead is that he is better than Trubisky.  Denthead seems like a Titans guy if I have to say.

Denthead to the Titans.  :lol:

Any other predictions?  How about telling us what the numbers for the mega is going to be Friday? 

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

@Parsnip Totin Jack looks like your Deadskins are bringing in a HOF.  Everybody can see the guy can still play but he's lost a step.  I hope Quinn knows not to use him on 3rd downs.  He's still a tackling machine but he's lost a step and his coverage ain't what a 23 old version of himself was. But he's a really, really solid dude. That guy has his head on straight.  Probably the biggest gain though is defensive quarterbacking abilities.  He knows Dan. Dan knows him. Getting guys in position is more than half the battle.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39725545/source-commanders-signing-star-lb-bobby-wagner

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dottleshead said:

@Parsnip Totin Jack looks like your Deadskins are bringing in a HOF.  Everybody can see the guy can still play but he's lost a step.  I hope Quinn knows not to use him on 3rd downs.  He's still a tackling machine but he's lost a step and his coverage ain't what a 23 old version of himself was. But he's a really, really solid dude. That guy has his head on straight.  Probably the biggest gain though is defensive quarterbacking abilities.  He knows Dan. Dan knows him. Getting guys in position is more than half the battle.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39725545/source-commanders-signing-star-lb-bobby-wagner

We will see how he does in DC. I think his role will be more to coach the younger players as an on-field coach. Experienced players like that are valuable in that role beyond their own playing ability. 

13 hours ago, a bunch of numbers said:

Denthead to the Titans.  :lol:

Any other predictions?  How about telling us what the numbers for the mega is going to be Friday? 

Ha, how funny!  I will play the lottery on Friday now, since my powers of prediction are pumping.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Ha, how funny!  I will play the lottery on Friday now, since my powers of prediction are pumping.

Even a blind squirrel.....  What numbers are you playing?  Asking for a friend.

@BuffJim is this guy worth his salt?

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-finally-get-a-linebacker-reportedly-signing-top-graded-tyrel-dodson/

Hmmm...

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1773735/tyrel-dodson-seattle-seahawks-free-agency-lb-answer/#:~:text=Pro Football Focus’ top-rated linebacker

Hey @jsharr you Aggies are savages.

Dodson, who went undrafted out of Texas A&M in 2019, was arrested in Arizona that same year and accused of domestic violence. After pleading guilty to misdemeanor disorderly conduct charges, he received a six-game suspension by the NFL.