You guys will be proud of me

Dirtyhip

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Yay!  Did you go back and do it again right away?

No. Decided to end on a high note. Now, i know I can do it. Just have to have my head solidly in the game to execute better. You can't make mistakes on the bigger ones, or the crashes are gonna hurt.

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I am always proud of you.  That is why you are my imaginary girlfriend.  Well, that and the fact that Cheese already put the imaginary moves on Kirby. 

A guy with a plane is always useful.

8 minutes ago, smudge said:

Daaaaaannnnnggggggg!!!!!

You go, girl!! Whew!

Seriously though, I spent some significant time being scared this last couple of days. I rode faster and more agressive than usual. I pulled off an 8th place out of 47 women on one of my segments today. Like, 20 mph through single track, with features all over. That is plenty fast through that stuff.  

There is a swoopy section of sand with S turns. You ride high on the wall of the Sandy berms, or you're gonna have a bad time. You can't ride gently through that terrain. Stay high...avoid the wash. To keep high...stay off the brakes. :ph34r:

• Heart 2

5 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

A guy with a plane is always useful.

Seriously though, I spent some significant time being scared this last couple of days. I rode faster and more agressive than usual. I pulled off an 8th place out of 47 women on one of my segments today. Like, 20 mph through single track, with features all over. That is plenty fast through that stuff.  

There is a swoopy section of sand with S turns. You ride high on the wall of the Sandy berms, or you're gonna have a bad time. You can't ride gently through that terrain. Stay high...avoid the wash. To keep high...stay off the brakes. :ph34r:

Sounds like you got it figured DH..  Great ride!

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

This weekend, I cleared Momma Bear jump. It is a 5 foot structure to flat, and the lander is about 3 feet from there. My husband says it approx 12 feet of distance lip to lander. 

So, I was heading into it, following my man. He was pacing for me to just follow. As we are riding down to it, I was talking to myself about how it is easy, how I had done it in 2015. 

Mind games work. Although, telling yourself not to hit the brakes is the hardest part. 

As I neared the ramp, it looked way steeper than I remembered. I kept my speed and trajectory with my k.  Entering the ramp I wished I hadn't scrubbed so much speed. I rode upon the platform.  It was way up in the air. I could see the lander below. It felt high. Focus. I gave a spin of the pedal and rolled off the lip. Time slowed down. I am in the air for what seems like a longer time than usual.  Butus lands nose heavy. I felt out of control for a brief second. It no doubt looked sloppy. I thought i was gonna crash when i touched down.

I did not crash. One black run, lots of PRs, and a go at Momma Bear.

Nice!!!  That hang time is something!  Makes you feel like you're flyin'! 

Great job, DH!