Forum Etiquette

Square Wheels

6 minutes ago, dotman17 said:

For what it's worth, RG, I don't know either.

Ok, I am gonna guess...

Somebody got slightly butthurt about something they just probably should have brushed off, or somebody said something that some reactionary type THOUGHT somebody might get all butthurt about, and somebody seconded that they thought somebody could potentially feel butthurt and then it became a butthurtable offense to even think about hurting somebody in the butt and now we are all scratching our PRI and wondering what the hell really happened.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Ok, I am gonna guess...

Somebody got slightly butthurt about something they just probably should have brushed off, or somebody said something that some reactionary type THOUGHT somebody might get all butthurt about, and somebody seconded that they thought somebody could potentially feel butthurt and then it became a butthurtable offense to even think about hurting somebody in the butt and now we are all scratching our PRI and wondering what the hell really happened.

You see, we don't actually know what happened.  Simply because someone isn't telling us exactly what happened.  That someone is SW.

See, that's the exact opposite of Passive Aggressive.

Couch

2 hours ago, Couch_Incident said:

You see, we don't actually know what happened.  Simply because someone isn't telling us exactly what happened.  That someone is SW.

See, that's the exact opposite of Passive Aggressive.

Couch

Nothing happened.  Some great people stopped posting, I asked myself why.  Posts have had too much leeway with their politics.  We have a place for that, keep it there.  Did these people stop posting because of the politics?  I don't know, but it's not relevant.  It's not allowed outside of P&R.

I'd like those great people to come back.  I hope they do, they may not.  If they do, that's on me, and I apologize to all of you for what we lost.

I want people to come here for fun, share stories, feel comfortable they are not going to be attacked.  These principles have slipped over the past few months.  I am trying to restore that order.  I can't imagine why anyone would want to try and ruin it here, but if they do, they will be removed.

• Heart 2

24 minutes ago, Further said:

I got a personal e-mail telling me to rein it in. I was feeling all bad ass and gangsta. 

Now I feel like I missed the buss. 

So I will find out if I am one of the offenders?  I think I have ticked off a couple people here recently (unintentionally, I assure you) but I don't want to be a bad apple to this bunch

2 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

So I will find out if I am one of the offenders?  I think I have ticked off a couple people here recently (unintentionally, I assure you) but I don't want to be a bad apple to this bunch

Meh. I doubt it. With all that cord wood you hammer through, I don't see the aggression.

• Heart 1

51 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Nothing happened.  Some great people stopped posting, I asked myself why.  Posts have had too much leeway with their politics.  We have a place for that, keep it there.  Did these people stop posting because of the politics?  I don't know, but it's not relevant.  It's not allowed outside of P&R.

I'd like those great people to come back.  I hope they do, they may not.  If they do, that's on me, and I apologize to all of you for what we lost.

I want people to come here for fun, share stories, feel comfortable they are not going to be attacked.  These principles have slipped over the past few months.  I am trying to restore that order.  I can't imagine why anyone would want to try and ruin it here, but if they do, they will be removed.

Some people just want to live life elsewhere --meaning in person. Or they have to live greater part of life outside a 'Net life.

Anyway I post topics ..art, writing, books, etc.  That may not excite some people either.. or it's obvious some people just aren't interested in responding to such topics here.  

36 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I think I have ticked off a couple people here recently (unintentionally, I assure you) but I don't want to be a bad apple to this bunch

...oh come on.  Damn Canadians can't even take a little joy in pissing people off.:angry:  Man up, sir.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Nobody knows what happened, or if anything actually happened.  Now I am questioning my own existence and I think I will eat apples for dinner.

...fried apples with a little bacon is actually a great dinner.  I do it all the time when apples are in season.  Also makes a dynamite breakfast.

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

I don't know, but it's not relevant. 

You didn't go far enough with your thoughts.  You saw an observed fact (some posters left or were not posting as much) and you had a theory that wasn't supported by any evidence and acted as though the theory was fact.  This is how the human race ends, with Brawndo being declared something that plants crave.

20 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...sometimes ? :huh: Jesus Christ I'm slipping. It must be the aging process.:(

I am giving you the stink eye right now.  You think about that as you scratch your uneven week old stubble, then rub your fingers through your unwashed hair.

20 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...fried apples with a little bacon is actually a great dinner.  I do it all the time when apples are in season.  Also makes a dynamite breakfast.

Fuji apples, sliced and eating with cheddar cheese.  I never thought about frying them with bacon, but apples and pork do seem to go together well.

Related image

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

In a similar vein but slightly more dissonant is Oscar Wilde's (lightly edited for modern sensibilities): "Reasonable people adapt to their circumstances.  Unreasonable people adapt their circumstances to them.  Therefore all progress is made by unreasonable people.

Thought provoking because we equate reasonable with good.  As Jethro Tull said, "he who made kittens put snakes in the grass." :D

I guess the bottom line is there is good and bad unreasonable.

OK, correction, it was George Bernard Shaw.  I ALWAYS get those two mixed up, as well as sometimes with Ralph Waldo Emerson, or maybe also Henry David Thoreau or Lee Harvey Oswald - basically anyone with three names. :D:(

I am pretty confident in the Jethro Tull one though, although it could have also been Ian Anderson. :D

41 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Someone should change their name to Barabbas here.

Barabbas (2012 film).jpg

But only if they use your picture of Honey Boo-boo's mom you posted as their avatar.  I am, officially, both shocked and saddened that I recognized her picture.

• Heart 3

6 hours ago, Page Turner said:

It did serve me useful warning that there are some frighteningly paranoid people of low intelligence living all around me here. :blink: Which is useful to know in advance of any real crisis.:ph34r:

Anyway, that's what I did this morning.

I can imagine.  We have not yet had that level of collective, organized anger with T-shirt logos.. We had incredibly bizarre angry group oppose transit line expansion in an area that sorely needs transit.  

Sadly right now our mayor doesn't want to plan for any more bike lanes, etc.  He wants to remove all obstacles for him to push for the Olympic bid...when we are grossly in debt.

12 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I am sorry you disagree with this direction.

I am not saying I disagree with the sentiment that name-calling and overly contentiousness goes in the other forum.  Just that everything as such a black and white knee-jerk reaction is too simplistic for complicated organisms like yourself.

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I am not saying I disagree with the sentiment that name-calling and overly contentiousness goes in the other forum.  Just that everything as such a black and white knee-jerk reaction is too simplistic for complicated organisms like yourself.

Name calling and overly contentiousness do not belong anywhere on this site, never have, and will no longer be allowed.

There is no knee-jerk reaction.

There are no real changes.

All I am saying, please be civil toward one another.

• Heart 4

On 4/7/2018 at 1:04 PM, dotman17 said:

Why is it ok to call out liberals and not conservatives?  A perfect example is in this thread.  There are lots of facts that side of the house refuses to acknowledge too because it doesn't fit their conservative agenda.  Just an observation -- because the last time I checked -- the USA was pretty well divided.  I guess more leniency is given to the current party the command in chief is in?

But having said all that -- I'm with you SWC.  I helped fight for the P&R to operate and agreed it should not spill over into the Cafe.  It's funny because I rarely go there these days.  I prefer to talk about drivel and other meaningless topics.  I'm mainly here for the chit chat.  I mean my personality is so dazzling -- who wouldn't want idle chit chat with me??

Not sure what part of politics not being in the Cafe wasn't clear.  I did not call out anyone.  Please point out where I did.  This is exactly the type of post that I do not want hear, a thinly veiled political post.

Stop.

On 4/7/2018 at 1:05 PM, dotman17 said:

All conservatives?  

I have no idea, nor do I care.  It's not relevant.  

...if you want to get tedious and pedantic about apples, there are a number of Fuji sport clones now that are somewhat superior in density and color to their original parent.

I grow one of them, but I've forgotten what it's called.:blush: Sommerfeld is a swell apple, thought to be a Fuji/Gala cross, that I can buy here.  I don't know if it gets grown and sold other places.

Just like everything else in life, easy to take a great forum for granted until you've been gone for awhile. 

I promise to behave myself for 3 months and 16 days and not discuss casement windows during my probation. 

Also during this time I will pretend not to notice or understand Page's less than subtle supercilious jabs. 

Lydia 

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1