The floor

Parr8hed

Yes, I was going to ask about that. While I noted the 45 degree edge, assuming getting fancy and mating with other surface material, wasn't certain what you were doing around the column.  Glad to hear it is undercoating in progress rather than awkward laying not finishing a line.

1 hour ago, Tizeye said:

Yes, I was going to ask about that. While I noted the 45 degree edge, assuming getting fancy and mating with other surface material, wasn't certain what you were doing around the column.  Glad to hear it is undercoating in progress rather than awkward laying not finishing a line.

I thought he was just being creative.?

• Heart 1

14 hours ago, Airehead said:

I want to know more about this please. Indestructible as I. Airedale indestructible?

Yes. They are supposed to hold up to everything.  I will let you know how they hold up to Sandy.  If they will hold up to Sandy the Airedales will be no problem.  

http://everythingepoxyfloor.com/epoxy-floor-installers-ct/elite-crete-reflector-enhancer-flooring-systems/

Undercoating is all done. (yesterday).  The actual reflector floor will go on today, then a coat of poly to protect and deepen the colors.  By Sat we should be able to have light foot traffic and Sunday can start putting things back together (trim, drywall, etc)  Will prob pain next week and start moving all of our shit back in.  

Worked in labs with epoxy floors, done right it is indeed indestructible.  We were moving equipment around all the time, quick mop and all marks gone and floor looked like new again.  Any other surface would've been destroyed in months the way we abused that floor.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Worked in labs with epoxy floors, done right it is indeed indestructible.  We were moving equipment around all the time, quick mop and all marks gone and floor looked like new again.  Any other surface would've been destroyed in months the way we abused that floor.

That gives me hope.  This dude that is doing the work, that is all he does.  He has been doing decorative type concrete floors for more than 20 years.  Stamping, epoxy, etc. I feel like he will do things right.   He has been working outside on pools for a bit now and he said it is very nice to be inside in the AC working in a basement.

• Heart 1

Never thought about the pool deck, would be nice to do something around it, but in time.  So don't mention anything to WoIndy, she's impatient, painters at the house today because I don't move quick enough.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Never thought about the pool deck, would be nice to do something around it, but in time.  So don't mention anything to WoIndy, she's impatient, painters at the house today because I don't move quick enough.

They add grit to it to make the floor "grippier".

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

They add grit to it to make the floor "grippier".

Yeah, otherwise it can be slicker than shit when wet.  The labs I worked in were perfectly smooth because we had a couple ton vibration unit that had an air pad system to move it around, required the floor to be perfectly smooth and any imperfection could cause it to drop and then you are screwed.  That was a pretty cool setup, just need a 50lb air supply line and one person could easily move a several ton piece of equipment around.

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

That gives me hope.  This dude that is doing the work, that is all he does.  He has been doing decorative type concrete floors for more than 20 years.  Stamping, epoxy, etc. I feel like he will do things right.   He has been working outside on pools for a bit now and he said it is very nice to be inside in the AC working in a basement.

It is good to have a guy in your basement.  Let me know if you need a gimp suit and large ventilated box. 

• Heart 1

• 1 month later...