Whooping Cough

Airehead

I tested positive for pertussis. Too bad it took 5 days to culture the test.   I have been happily spreading germs everywhere. Good thing I had enough sense to stay out of the school building for medically fragile kiddos becuase many of them are immune compromised.   Most grown ups covered by a tetanus booster with pertussis (DPT) and most kids have been vaccinated. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

In the school here it's hoof in mouth disease.  5 cases so far.

We have a few of those too. What gives?

also I have to stay away from mr. Aire. Coughing could wreck his recovery.   It is fine though. We don't really like each other anymore. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Airehead said:

also I have to stay away from mr. Aire. Coughing could wreck his recovery.   It is fine though. We don't really like each other anymore. 

At the moment youngest son says that the extra cleaning is being confined to his locker rooms and not being applied to the school in general such as disinfecting door knobs etc.  All 5 cases seem to have been on the football team.  No one knows where it came from.

17 hours ago, Airehead said:

Building a house will do that.

You two should watch this, separately of course.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0040613/

One of my earliest memories is of watching my younger sister coughing and trying to get a breath over a bowl of boiling water. I listened to my parents agonising over what it would cost to call in the Doctor and whether they could afford it. This was before 1947 when our National Health Service came into being and I have blessed the NHS ever since.

It seems that there is so much illness going around this summer.  I have three cousins in PA that have pneumonia right now and another cousin in NJ who has some mysterious form of congestion.  When I was diagnosed with non-bacterial post-nasal drip a couple weeks ago, I was told, "This is going around a lot right now."

I was fortunate to have no lung infection but today is the first day in two weeks I actually feel like doing yard work, though I may wait until tomorrow to do overdo-mowing because the grass is still wet from the remains of Florence passing through yesterday.