Here we go? Untracked coronavirus appears in Northern Cali

Dottleshead

On 3/6/2020 at 11:14 AM, Kzoo said:

Thank you Dr. Dottie, Doctor of Infectious Diseases and Immunology.  Graduate of the Medical School, University of Hard Knocks 

On 3/6/2020 at 11:15 AM, Kzoo said:

Fear, peddled by main stream media.

6 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Drama...

I got a 'hunch' Doctor @Kzoo's going to eat a LOT of crow.  Keep posting your beliefs, amigo.  I want a digital copy of them forever. 

A bunch of Republican Congressmen are on self-quarantine after coming into contact with an infected individual at a convention . One even had to sit in isolation in the bathroom on Airforce One for an extended period of time, yet still had face to face contact with the President immediately afterwards. Now the other Washington is going to have chaos.

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

A bunch of Republican Congressmen are on self-quarantine after coming into contact with an infected individual at a convention . One even had to sit in isolation in the bathroom on Airforce One for an extended period of time, yet still had face to face contact with the President immediately afterwards. Now the other Washington is going to have chaos.

And it's just starting.

...the fake news NY Times is reporting a whole bunch of new confirmed cases, but we're too early on in the spread for the deaths among relatively healthy individuals to start showing up yet.

With over 3,000 deaths so far, China has the most experience with the disease. It's too bad none of their data or numbers is especially trustworthy. But with the delay in testing rollout, I guess our data is shaky too.

28 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

The title from the article:   Tracking Every Coronavirus Case in the U.S.

Like they have actually tracking EVERY case.   That would be be impossible.   I'm sure by now the virus is out in the community in many locations.  

45 minutes ago, Dottles said:

My wife stayed home today because she is not feeling well... and coughing. No fever yet.

:(

New York creates ‘containment zone’ in New Rochelle.

With New Rochelle, a small city just north of New York City in Westchester County, emerging as the center of the state’s outbreak, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo of New York on Tuesday announced a targeted containment strategy to halt the spread of the virus.

The state’s plan focuses on a “containment area” in New Rochelle with a one-mile radius centered around a synagogue believed to be at the center of the cluster, officials said.

The state also planned to deploy the National Guard to in the containment area to clean the schools and deliver food to quarantined residents, Mr. Cuomo said.

54 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Coronavirus live updates: WHO declares pandemic, US death toll rises to 31; 'It's going to get worse'

Brought to you by Michigan's largest newspaper.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/health/2020/03/11/coronavirus-live-updates-washington-ban-michigan-cases-us-death/5011587002/?csp=chromepush

Honestly, they should have declared this a long time ago in my opinion.  But, my opinion doesn't matter.

Mudkipz

Just now, Couch_Incident said:

Honestly, they should have declared this a long time ago in my opinion.  But, my opinion doesn't matter.

Mudkipz

Every day they report new cases here and I don't bother boring you with the details.  But the simple truth is that its popping it all over the place and they don't seem to be related to anyone who's got it.  It's clear to me it broke it's containment long ago.  

8 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

31 deaths in the US from 1000 confirmed cases. Sure, there may be other cases that haven’t been tested that have been more mild, but yoikes. 

So, I'm hearing 31 deaths, 1,000 confirmed cases, and 5,000 folks tested. 

What's that? Maybe 100 folks tested a day? Pretty amazing number.

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Yes.

This is fucked Up.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House has ordered federal health officials to treat top-level coronavirus meetings as classified, an unusual step that has restricted information and hampered the U.S. government’s response to the contagion, according to four Trump administration officials.

The officials said that dozens of classified discussions about such topics as the scope of infections, quarantines and travel restrictions have been held since mid-January in a high-security meeting room at the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), a key player in the fight against the coronavirus.

This is like not telling your doctor all your symptoms because you don't want to hear the bad news.

...if that speech was supposed to reassure stock market investors, closing down all travel from Europe (apparently including cargo, like bike parts from Ribble) is not going to cut it.  It does appear however, that the rest of the White House staff and maybe Tucker Carlson have bullied him into taking the thing a wee tad more seriously. Which is, I suppose good, if a little late in arriving.

2 minutes ago, Further said:

I think that at this point the virus is on the loose and most everyone who can't afford to seclude themselves will be exposed. I can't even guess as to what the end effect will be. Has Wuhan found some kind of normalcy yet ?

Much of China is under control.  Wuhan has had a few new cases.  Several of the teachers and students trapped here are going back.  My oldest son is shopping for flights.

• Heart 1

21 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Much of China is under control.  Wuhan has had a few new cases.  Several of the teachers and students trapped here are going back.  My oldest son is shopping for flights.

...another possible interpretation is that the virus is simply endemic there now, and everyone has had it or still has it. I don't see why the numbers coming out of china are suddenly more reliable than they were when the Chinese government was trying to suppress  any public discussion of the problem. Am I missing something ?

2 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...another possible interpretation is that the virus is simply endemic there now, and everyone has had it or still has it. I don't see why the numbers coming out of china are suddenly more reliable than they were when the Chinese government was trying to suppress  any public discussion of the problem. Am I missing something ?

No. The whole thing is weird. Can someone tell me why they're having behind closed door meetings about a virus running rampant that initially the moran downplayed? Now the economy is tanking. He's positioning himself to be the hero. Just wait. Either that or he is a complete narcissistic imbecile.