More Prayers and Vibes needed for my family

MickinMD

27 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Prayers & vibes sent.  Have you seen them during the infectious but not symptomatic period?   If able, might be a good idea to get tested so you are not spreading it shopping for them.

Thanks for the concern.  I haven't been in the same room with them for weeks, though we talk on the phone often.

On the other hand, I walk my brother's dog Jake once a week and am in their house - though we do social distancing.  But I'm not going to walk Jake until I find out the result of the COVID-19 tests.

Brian, my brother-in-law has the tools I need to take apart the laptop I was using that won't turn-on since the fire so I can take out the hard drive, put it in a $26 docking station I bought, and see if the drive can be downloaded.  I've had the docking station for a few weeks but I decided to wait until we can both do the job together.

I had two backup drives, but had gotten lazy and hadn't backed up one since August.  Fortunately that worked and I was able to get everything I really needed from it and online places had other financial info I needed to put on my new laptop.

• Heart 1

22 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Thanks for the concern.  I haven't been in the same room with them for weeks, though we talk on the phone often.

On the other hand, I walk my brother's dog Jake once a week and am in their house - though we do social distancing.  But I'm not going to walk Jake until I find out the result of the COVID-19 tests.

Brian, my brother-in-law has the tools I need to take apart the laptop I was using that won't turn-on since the fire so I can take out the hard drive, put it in a $26 docking station I bought, and see if the drive can be downloaded.  I've had the docking station for a few weeks but I decided to wait until we can both do the job together.

I had two backup drives, but had gotten lazy and hadn't backed up one since August.  Fortunately that worked and I was able to get everything I really needed from it and online places had other financial info I needed to put on my new laptop.

This is very hard since your sister is a RN. Not saying that she has it...but it does get even more complicated when a family member works in the hospital.

I'm wishing buckets for luck for her and her extended family.  For sure, you need to stay safe and sequestered yourself.  

3 hours ago, shootingstar said:

This is very hard since your sister is a RN. Not saying that she has it...but it does get even more complicated when a family member works in the hospital.

I'm wishing buckets for luck for her and her extended family.  For sure, you need to stay safe and sequestered yourself.  

Thanks. There are a lot of cancer patients who will be greater trouble if she's out of work long. I'm sure she's still working from home even now.