It's about time!

Rattlecan

They have finally got down to the 65 to 70 age group for vaccination bookings. My wife and I are booked for the first shot on April 10, and the second for July 31st.

Canada has definitely been sucking the hind tit when it comes to world distribution of the vaccines, but this is sooner than we had been led to expect. 

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Wow that does seem a bit behind most of us.

CA just opened up 50+ with no medical issues today.  We go 16+ with no medical issues in a couple of weeks. We have been 16+ with qualifying medical issues for around a month. 

Yep - I was on the CA "MyTurn" website, and it looks like I am eligible and  it looks like there may be opening in Vista to drop in for the shot.  I may set one up.

• Heart 1

Yay!  Glad you got an appointment.   The studies are showing a significant benefit from one shot, so I can understand the decision to delay the second shot while the quantities are still restricted.  I hope the supplies continue to increase so that they can move up the second shots.

3 hours ago, Rattlecan said:

They have finally got down to the 65 to 70 age group for vaccination bookings. My wife and I are booked for the first shot on April 10, and the second for July 31st.

Canada has definitely been sucking the hind tit when it comes to world distribution of the vaccines, but this is sooner than we had been led to expect. 

Good grief.  CT is down to 16 and up.  What the hell is going on there. 

I hope you get yours soon.

5 hours ago, Rattlecan said:

I got my lst vaccination on Mar. 20th.  Don't know when 2nd one will be ... I have to wait until health authority contacts me 4 wks. later for next appt. booking or I contact them.  

I think several siblings in Toronto already got their 2nd one...they work in hospitals with patients.

27 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Canada is calculating peoples' age according to that metric system.

What happens when we don't have our own domestic manufacturing plant for vaccines yet.

Vaccine roll-out has varied in each province. I know because I can easily compare Alberta against family members in B.C. and Ontario.  Of course, not surprisingly each provincial political leader makes their own decision ..and whether or not they each listen to their provincial medical officer.