Is your toothbrush smart?

Kirby

I was reading an article about electnic toothbrushes and how many of the latest models are now "smart" and link to apps tracking how long you brush, if you miss sections etc.   I think I'd find that incredibly annoying.

I've got an electric toothbrush but it's  definitely "dumb"

So how about you?  Is your toothbrush electric, "smart" or an old fashioned manual?  Are you adamant about getting a particular brand?

11 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I use a sonic care rechargeable.  It runs for 2 minutes when turned on.  That is about as smart as mine gets.  

same here, but when mine turns off I usually end up going another 30 seconds or so... just a habit I got into.  The dentist seemed to notice an improvement the first time I went in for an appointment after I got the Sonicare so that's good.

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, TrentonMakes said:

same here, but when mine turns off I usually end up going another 30 seconds or so... just a habit I got into.  The dentist seemed to notice an improvement the first time I went in for an appointment after I got the Sonicare so that's good.

I switched to the Sonicare after my dentist became very concerned about gum loss.  They packed antibiotics under my gums and all sorts of stuff and it turns out with a manual brush I was hurting my gums.  Doc says gum loss, so I brush harder, gum loss gets worse, so I really brush harder....  Switch to Sonicare and let it do the work and all is better.  I have the heads on auto refill from Amazon, and I change mine every 30 days and disinfect the handle part with bleach.  I use the old brush head to clean the inside of the brush body.  I clean mine with my wifes and my wifes with mine and then rinse them and change the heads to new heads.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Mine has the timer..............30 seconds to the quadrant but it will brush for as long as you want.  It's not so pushy.

Same as my Oral-B.  A signal after each 30 seconds.  And a different signal at 2 minutes, but it keeps going.  I usually brush for about 3 minutes.