So, how is your summer going?

LoneWolf

Things are well but quiet.  No weddings, concerts or trips so far, but I have had some nice dinners with friends and a few local day outings.

Glad you are having a good summer!

• Heart 3

It's going good thanks for asking. 

We were one of the first ever  sidecar teams to ever race the high banks of Daytona 

Wo46 bought a new bicycle so we've been riding more 

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

It is going good by my definition of good. We never went out much for entertainment, so we don't miss that. I have a garden with zucchini, tomatoes, lettuce, peppers and cucumbers as well as popular herbs and such. I am making progress in getting the oak trees cut up and ready for a 'free firewood' notice. Aka reclaiming the backyard. We moved here a year and a half ago. I am learning more cycling routes from home. This is a top notch area for cycling' it helps that I am learning more routes as I am riding more. How are you doing?

• Heart 3

Things are ok here. Two of three dogs not totally well but all still great companions. Lindy is getting lots of extra agility training so that is good. 
I am cooking and canning and loving being home when I can. Still working and will for a few more years. 

I’m doing ok. When Nancy spent two weeks out west showing her foreign exchange student the country and then spent two more weeks in Spain she came back thinking we were too different and this wasn’t going to work out. I haven’t given up on her yet but it’s a big disappointment. I wore out my car driving out to see her all the time and had to buy another one that I hadn’t planned on buying. My health has been excellent so there is that. Been doing lots of riding and gravel.  

57 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I’m doing ok. When Nancy spent two weeks out west showing her foreign exchange student the country and then spent two more weeks in Spain she came back thinking we were too different and this wasn’t going to work out. I haven’t given up on her yet but it’s a big disappointment. I wore out my car driving out to see her all the time and had to buy another one that I hadn’t planned on buying. My health has been excellent so there is that. Been doing lots of riding and gravel.  

I'm sorry to hear that. I know how it feels putting time and effort into something like that, and to have it not work out as hoped.

Great to hear from you, LW. Just had a major switch in my summer. Lots of trips, reunions, picnics in first half of summer. That was great, but feeling like *#+% the last two months. Dr thinks it’s asthma, and I’m starting to feel much better. 
2nd half of summer has very few events planned, just enjoy the nice weather and hopefully keep feeling better. 

Hot! We are adapting to the Phoenix valley weather. Going down to Rocky Point in Mexico in a couple weeks for a short weekend at the ocean and driving to South Dakota and Nebraska at the end of August to see family and friends. My brother just bought a new MTB so we are planning to ride some of the Mickelson Trail. We are going to ride Dumont to Hill City so he can ride the tunnels. 

13 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

I have been to two major league baseball games (different teams, back-to-back days, both wins) and some minor league ones

I have been to five concerts (with two more planned for sure, maybe more)

I have been to one wedding reception and one graduation open house (for three people, triplets)

And I have gotten a new laptop.

How are things for all of you?

No baseball games.

No concerts.

One wedding, & one graduation!

Pending a swap to a newer computer for my wife.

Pretty good overall, otherwise.  Happy to see you popping in!

I caught COVID at the beginning of June, though 3x vaccinated I was only mildly sick for 6 days.  I've been easily fatigued since then, but am getting back to normal.

I'm still leery of travel, so I decided to wait until this winter (southern hemisphere) or next summer and do 2 vacations/year to make up for time lost when I'm comfortable with it.

Still, I've been more active this year: the first time since 2015 when I haven't been limited by joint problems requiring medical treatment/surgery/therapy or by COVID restrictions.  Everyone says my arms and face are browner than in years.

I've been to one graduation - where i probably caught COVID.

I've been to 2 birthday parties.

I've been to 2 pool parties - one for the 4th of July.

A month later than normal, I dug, tilled, and planted an 18' x 6' veggie garden in June with plants I grew from seeds: 10 varieties of tomatoes, 3 varieties bell peppers, and Diablo Brussels sprouts, for the first time in about 20 years. I made 5' tall tomato cages out of wire fencing and installed a 75' soaker hose that has a timer.  The tomato plants are now as tall as the 5' cages and I should have ripe beefsteak (the Pink Brandywines are in the lead) and cherry tomatoes by the end of the month.

I've gotten a lot of yard work done and did the prep work for ID'ing what I need and how to do it to improve my front porch, rebuild my back porch's steps and landing, and put up an 8' x 10' shed - the assemble-yourself galvanized steel shed should be delivered next week and I'll have it assembled by the end of July, with help from my nephew Adam if necessary.