I feel like a dirty smelly hippie

jsharr

Dr. recommended that I leave my ankle wound open to the air as much as possible, so I am at my desk with my shoes and socks off an no band aid on the wound.   It seems I was doing harm with the cleaning with peroxide in the AM and PM and leaving NeoSporin on it all the time.   I am now to only apply the prescription ointment at night before bed and sleep with it uncovered and then keep a band on it with no ointment during the day if I have to have shoes and socks on.  

I may get some sandals and let my hair grow.  Might get some tied dyed t shirt, or unhemmed pants made of hemp.  Really not sure yet.  This is all so new to me.

Peace, y'all.

• Heart 4

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

Dr. recommended that I leave my ankle wound open to the air as much as possible, so I am at my desk with my shoes and socks off an no band aid on the wound.   It seems I was doing harm with the cleaning with peroxide in the AM and PM and leaving NeoSporin on it all the time.   I am now to only apply the prescription ointment at night before bed and sleep with it uncovered and then keep a band on it with no ointment during the day if I have to have shoes and socks on.  

I may get some sandals and let my hair grow.  Might get some tied dyed t shirt, or unhemmed pants made of hemp.  Really not sure yet.  This is all so new to me.

Peace, y'all.

Get a little Patchouli to cover the smell. :) 

• Heart 2

14 hours ago, jsharr said:

It seems I was doing harm with the cleaning with peroxide in the AM and PM

Yeah, the peroxide will hurt the healing tissue. I was going to say “Free radicals and all that”, but I was going to be wrong. 

Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2)

It is not a free radical but it can cause damage to the cell at relatively low concentration (10 μM), but at higher levels, the cellular energy producing enzymes such as glyceraldehhyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase are inactivated.