Alaska

Allen

I just got an invite that will make you reconsider your two year plan.
I've got a buddy that is a big game hunting guide in Alaska. Which means they guy he works with owns a bush plane, who also flies the guy with the drift boat...
They all work for a company that CEOs pay $25,000--$30,000 when they want to go and shoot a bear or a moose. And they are planning a 4-6 week drift/hunting trip in the Brook's Range in 2016 just for themselves. No client, no schedule, no agenda beyond floating down a river fly fishing and camping for a month or however long it takes.

And I got invited.

I've got a buddy that is a big game hunting guide in Alaska. Which means they guy he works with owns a bush plane, who also flies the guy with the drift boat...
They all work for a company that CEOs pay $25,000--$30,000 when they want to go and shoot a bear or a moose. And they are planning a 4-6 week drift/hunting trip in the Brook's Range in 2016 just for themselves. No client, no schedule, no agenda beyond floating down a river fly fishing and camping for a month or however long it takes.

And I got invited.

Sounds great!  I would first make sure, though, they aren't expecting you to wear a bear or moose suit.

And I got invited.

I've been to Alaska twice.  It's tundra country but an experience everybody should have.  Go Allen.

That sounds like an awesome trip. We will be going to Alaska this September to visit my son. Plan on a couple days in Denali then an overnight in Fairbanks. From there we will head to Kenai to meet up with my mother's cousin who owns a fishing charter there. We are planning on two days of fishing with him then back to Anchorage for a day or two before flying home.

That sounds like an awesome trip. We will be going to Alaska this September to visit my son. Plan on a couple days in Denali then an overnight in Fairbanks. From there we will head to Kenai to meet up with my mother's cousin who owns a fishing charter there. We are planning on two days of fishing with him then back to Anchorage for a day or two before flying home.

Those are all the main spots.  Try to hit the Kenai Peninsula if you can.