Weekend Plans: March Madness edition

BuffJim

Filling in for petite.

We have one activity planned. Dinner at a New Orleans themed restaurant in Buffalo tomorrow with BuffCarla’s former mentor and his wife. They are great people.

Otger than that the usual. Maybe too cold and blustery for much outdoor walking. Lungs have to improve a bit for the gym.

• Heart 2
  • Like 2

Rain on Saturday, better on Sunday. The heavy rains tonight and tomorrow will douse the wildfires in Shenandoah National Park. So that’s good. Start the weekend with some buttermilk biscuits and coffee. We are picking up a hickory table top in the morning. We bought a used pub style table and pair of chairs. Mrs Parsnip repurposed the glass top for something else and had this top made for a few Parsnip dollars. Cleaning out the basement living space as we are having the mid-80’s paneling and popcorn ceiling replaced with drywall and fresh paint. We are getting a quote today for wood flooring to cover the old linoleum. No plans Sunday but probably walking the pups and basement work. 

IMG_2203.jpeg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Like 2

We're in Cincinnati for a funeral yesterday. Visiting my mom right now. 

Later today filling up the minivan with some of my brother's stuff to help with his move to Omaha in late April. 

Tomorrow driving back home.

Sunday doing a 6K race with one of my grandsons. It's over and back on the Old Chain of Rocks Bridge. 

• Hugs 3

We’re in line for 8-14 inches of snow tonight into tomorrow. If we get enough, plan to get a ski in tomorrow. I was hoping to finish syrup this weekend but it’s been too cold for sap to run. Should run Monday and I will get one more boil in before wrapping up for this year.

• Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1

Took today of as comp time for having to travel last Sunday. Looks like I need to do some work on weeds and I’ll get a short ride in. Probably get the Miata out this afternoon. 
Saturday - supposed to be very windy on Sunday so I’ll get my long ride in tomorrow. Maybe replace some of the trim on the covered part of our patio so it blends better with the pergolas. Going to a b-day party for one of WoW’s friends. 
Sunday - Watch F1. Maybe do a run. Probably run to town to get hardware to assemble some of the pergola next weekend. 

• Like 2

Hiding from the rain on Saturday, watching the end of the World Figure Skating Championships.

Sunday doing some final house checking for Not Wild Sister before she sells her apartment in NY.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Kirby said:

Hiding from the rain on Saturday, watching the end of the World Figure Skating Championships.

Sunday doing some final house checking for Not Wild Sister before she sells her apartment in NY.

All our east coast peeps from Virginia on up might get soaked tomorrow. @MickinMD may win the prize for most rain.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BuffJim said:

Filling in for petite.

We have one activity planned. Dinner at a New Orleans themed restaurant in Buffalo tomorrow with BuffCarla’s former mentor and his wife. They are great people.

Otger than that the usual. Maybe too cold and blustery for much outdoor walking. Lungs have to improve a bit for the gym.

Hopefully I'm up for the yard work where my BiL and his chipper/shredder are going to help me turn a bunch of cut-down branches into mulch.

Otherwise, not much of a weekend. 

• Like 1

Tonight, dinner & Samantha Fish concert w/ wife

tomorrow, get some more seeds started, set up the bottom watering on the gravitropating ones.  Fix an amp, maybe restring a guitar.  Then dinner for Mom's 93 b'day, off to the theater.

Sunday, 2 Masses for Palm Sunday (giveaway day, packed house).  Go pick up and plant some fruit trees.  I'll find other work to do.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1