Do You Close The Door?

Razors Edge

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Yes, we have three dogs.  I do not need them in there with me.  Do I?

This post was prompted by my pup nosing the partially closed door open while I peed!  I usually close, but not latch it (requires a little pull upwards due to being out of alignment) when it isn't just me and the wife in the house.  My pup hears me lift the toilet seat, and comes running from wherever she is. She then noses the door open, sniffs near me, and leaves - but she refuses to close the door behind her!

If a door is closed, but not latched, she will nose it open, anywhere in the house.

• Haha 1

Just now, Razors Edge said:

This post was prompted by my pup nosing the partially closed door open while I peed!  I usually close, but not latch it (requires a little pull upwards due to being out of alignment) when it isn't just me and the wife in the house.  My pup hears me lift the toilet seat, and comes running from wherever she is. She then noses the door open, sniffs near me, and leaves - but she refuses to close the door behind her!

If a door is closed, but not latched, she will nose it open, anywhere in the house.

The two little dogs I can handle.  The big dog has been known to goose people at inopportune moments.  BTW, a dog's nose is colder than you would think.

Our downstairs bathroom is near the front door so yeah as I’ve had my kids come in while I’m taking a leak so I close the door. Upstairs bathroom no.   #2 I always close the door and spray. 

Funny with the dogs, yeah our Aussie would always check in on us in the bathroom.  She’d slide the door open with her paw, peek in to check on us and then provide overwatch.  I’d always tell her to close the door but she never did...  Jack, yeah he could care less...

9 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

My dog is bad with this. But so is one of our cats. And if the bathroom door IS fully closed, it’s a full “paw under the door” performance for however long the door is shut. 

My cat used to do that to my bedroom door, but he would wait until 3am.  Whack-whack-whack!  And then a little black paw would reach under the door and start working back and forth.

• Haha 1